8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

2013 Civic Auto Climate Control/Electronics Reliability

Old 07-23-2015
RSJ
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RSJ is an unknown quantity at this point
2013 Civic Auto Climate Control/Electronics Reliability

I have owned a number of Hondas over the years (Civic, Accord, CRV) and have always had rock solid reliability.

I now have a 2013 Honda Civic EX Sedan. This is the first Honda I have had with the electronic climate control system that is all digital. Anybody have any thoughts about the long-term reliability of this system being so heavily electronic? This Civic is also the first Honda I have owned with the all electronic/digital instrumentation - I know Honda usually is pretty good with building all around reliable cars but I have a small fear of the electronics of all this going haywire someday and costing me a pretty penny to replace - I am sure it would be after the warranty expires! Any experience or thoughts about this?
Old 07-23-2015
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 2013 Civic Auto Climate Control/Electronics Reliability

They do a lot of R&D, it will likely be fine.

The MICU has a huge amount of task in the newer Civics, and the #s keeps growing.

Every time I'm considering another car and look close at the Corolla, (and their parts $$$$) And weird option levels.... The Civic always looks better.
Old 07-23-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CraigW
Every time I'm considering another car and look close at the Corolla, (and their parts $$$$) And weird option levels.... The Civic always looks better.
I don't know why Toyota parts are so pricey!

I am not a fan of all the new tech with the climate controls and car controls but it's the future. I am sure Honda did their research and only released things that they felt were reliable.
Old 07-23-2015
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Most of that stuff trickles down to the poor Civic owners......eventually.

Hopefully they got some good reliability information in the meantime.
Old 07-23-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I personally haven't seen issues-- but they are still quite young.