General 8th & 9th Gen Got a question or want to post but it doesn't quite fall under any other topic? Post up here!

help figuring out year of civic to get

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
snekyninja is an unknown quantity at this point
help figuring out year of civic to get

Hey guys names chris and im kinda new here. Dont know a whole lot about cars but ive found i want a civic. All im caring about is Reliability and mpg. What year should i get? I heard some years had major issues. Any and all information on what year would be best for me. all new (07+ ish) would be appreciated
Old 05-22-2015
Registered!!

Alexhn is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: help figuring out year of civic to get

I need HELP please GEARBOX with a code radio Honda serial number GLB22001359 THAKNS
Old 05-22-2015
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Alexhn
I need HELP please GEARBOX with a code radio Honda serial number GLB22001359 THAKNS
?????????????????????????????????????????????

Anyways;
I think any model '06 and later is *good*
Obviously newer model generally means less worry of breakdowns. My 2006 is still going strong, the worst thing to happen was the starter going bad.

Some of the '06-'11 (I think '11) have an issue with engine blocks cracking...not very many though. I think it is limited to a production run, and you may be able to google some type of engine code and figure out if one you were looking at is at risk or not.

I'm also very happy with my 2014...My average mileage (closing in on 20k) is up over 37 ( http://www.fuelly.com/car/honda/civi...dan1794/281863 )

The 2014 also has tons of features, including a touch screen audio interface, and back-up camera.
Old 04-21-2020
Registered!!

8THGENN is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't even read when this was originally posted so my apologies, however it may help someone one day when they randomly find themselves looking for a civic as their dream car, every single car I've owned since 15 has been a honda subcompact to full size, I have experience with most all of them only due to working at a Toyota dealership that's in the same building as the Honda dealership, I know sounds strange but only took it for the experience until an opening comes up next door.

My first Honda was a 1994 Honda Accord, it was extremely reliable, easy to upgrade and cheap as well, biggest repair was a timing belt, then I traded it for
#2 Honda: 2002 Honda Civic EX special edition POS D17, omg I cant say enough bad things about this car, it was comfortable, nice simple interior but the problems, worst of them being the head gasket going while relocating only half way to my destination, I ended up giving the tow guy a good deal, he gave me a dell laptop and 300 cash for the thing. It had an oil leak that I couldn't ever keep up with, mysterious coolant loss, hence head gasket failure, the transmission slipped from 1st to 2nd every morning violently, started just shifting it as a manual. Dont buy a 01 or 02, just my opinion.
#3. 2004 Honda Accord EX k24a4 this one I still own, 554k miles and climbing only repairs; powering steering pump, alternator, and splash shield.
#4. 2005 Honda Accord LX k24a4 also still own 892k miles, no problems except steering pump, alternator and small oil leak.
#5. 2008 Honda Civic EX coupe R18A1, have owned it about 2 months now, navy blue paint is brand new, new tires, painted oem wheels black, it looks fast but it's about as fast as any other small 4 cylinder car, fuel economy is around 28mpg combined but I hammer this thing so not too shabby. Has the steering rack creak, changed the infamous warped rotors, happens to most Honda's as all you are aware, was never molested by any 16 year old and has 181k miles, thank the lord for timing chains, transmission is crisp sometimes it lurches but that's more on me, I'm used to a manual and I naturally ease my foot up as if I'm too shift when rpms climb, my own fault there. But wife wanted it and happy wife happy love, (slowly getting nose bleed)
#6. 2005 Honda Civic VP bare bones sedan, 15 inch steelies with covers, D17, all stock, actually was a huge upgrade in terms of quality as compared to my old 02 of same 7th gen.

In the end
Facts matter
looks dont