8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Honda Civic Type R teaser First Official Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015
The Video Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to behold
Honda Civic Type R teaser First Official Pictures

from the press release:
2.0 litre direct injection VTEC TURBO engine and aerodynamic performance deliver class-best top speed of 270km/h (167mph)*

3 pictures and press release

Old 02-10-2015
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Honda Civic Type R teaser First Official Pictures

I'm not really a hatchback kind of guy but DAMN that is sexy!
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/honda/c...ails-and-specs
Old 02-14-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Poopies
I'm not really a hatchback kind of guy
Not a hatchback guy!! I thought there was something odd about you

Hopefully Top Gear UK will test it soon. I am anxious to see how she performs. I am glad they brought the Hatch back. Honda belongs in the Hot Hatch battle.
Old 02-14-2015
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by GolNat
Not a hatchback guy!! I thought there was something odd about you
Lol

So looking at the price tag... the article in my link says £30k, which is about $46k USD. That's asking a lot for what you're getting. I'm sure it drives VERY well, but you can get a more powerful (348hp 3.8L V6) Genesis Coupe for $10k less. My dad has one (2011 so not as powerful) and it's pretty, quick and fun to drive.
The Type-R is cool-looking as hell though, and I know horsepower isn't everything but is the price tag justifiable?
Old 02-14-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

The price is what I was worried about. Your right, there are other cars out there that offer more bang for the buck as far as horsepower and handling. Hopefully it's cheaper then that. I think it needs to be priced less then a WRX to get a good amount of buyers. Sure Honda enthusiasts will but it but not the people who are just car enthusiasts.

Honda is doing it right by keeping it a true manual gearbox and making it a "drivers" car but it doesn't need to be really fancy for people to love it, especially if it drives the price tag up.