8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Help With My New 2006 EX Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Falassion is an unknown quantity at this point
Help With My New 2006 EX Sedan

First off I'd like to say I hope this is the appropriate place to post this!

I just recently got my first Honda Civic, a black 2006 EX sedan with a manual. From what I've read it the Canadian model of the EX. I've lurked and searched but I haven't found any solid leads on installing a factory looking AUX input. I'd like to be able to get the factory one that sits under the cigarette lighter and hook it up to my factory head unit/stereo, is this even possible on my model? What are my options?

Also, I have yet to check it out but my driver's side door speaker isn't working, is this common and any suggestions on that before I look?

I'm also wondering if it's possible to have my thermometer changed from Celsius to Fahrenheit?

My last question being, how does your car sound when you shift from the lower gears? I'm not sure if it's just that I'm not used to the sound a Honda makes as I haven't driven such a new car with a manual or if there might be something wrong with my vehicle. Could someone maybe point me to a video/audio of a car shifting through the gears?

Thanks so much everyone!
Old 03-31-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Help With My New 2006 EX Sedan

Check out PAC Audio:

http://www.pac-audio.com/productSear...2006&YearId=17

They make audio integration systems that work with factory parts. You can add AUX, Bluetooth and steering wheel controls.

Your speaker probably has a loose wire. Remove the door panel and inspect it.
Old 03-31-2014
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nice

On my 2006 LX the left side speaker had just stopped working completely when i got the car in 2010.
I even tried hooking it up to the other door and nothing happened, I swapped out those speakers as soon as I could.

Don't know if the EX has better speakers, or just a better cd player, but my stock speakers(as all stock speakers are) were cheap as could be.
Old 03-31-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Falassion is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GolNat
Check out PAC Audio:

http://www.pac-audio.com/productSear...2006&YearId=17

They make audio integration systems that work with factory parts. You can add AUX, Bluetooth and steering wheel controls.

Your speaker probably has a loose wire. Remove the door panel and inspect it.
Thanks for the link! I'm not entirely sure which setup I'd need as I'd just like to get a simple working AUX input that wouldn't look to bad, if not possible to get a factory looking input figured out.

It's super windy today and I haven't checked the speaker yet but I hope it's something simple like a loose wire, thanks!
Old 03-31-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

I saw an AUX system that they had. It came with a box that you plugged into but you could hide that in the dash and run a new AUX cable from that to a new location. You can buy AUX mounts online so you could mount it anywhere you want.

If you call PAC they can help you with finding the right system for your needs.

I would just spring for the Bluetooth system as long as it is capatible with your phone, its a nice feature to have.
Old 04-03-2014
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nice

I actually bought an aftermarket adapter that plugged into the open spot on the back of the stock stereo, however I do not know if the EX has the same open spot or not.

I have a full stereo system though, with subwoofers the drop in quality made me not want to use the thing, but without subwoofers it most likely would not be noticeable.

I ran the auxillary cable through the seam directly under the pocket under the stock stereo, it actually didn't look off, and i could push the wire in the cavity to hide it when i wasnt using it, so only the end of the cord stuck out.