8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Steering Wheel Airbag lines?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jovan is an unknown quantity at this point
Steering Wheel Airbag lines?

Hi, i just went to see a car i was interested at but it has lines where the airbag would deploy, its clean title, but maybe the guy repair de bags? Although this is not the car it looks some like this

Can you guys see the lines along the Honda emblem is this normal? maybe wear and tear?
or Those lines shouldn't appear? thanks in advance guys hope to be one honda owner and have that super mpg ;3
Old 12-21-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Steering Wheel Airbag lines?

Why no pics of the actual car in question?
Is there a bag inside, or is there Jiffy-Pop Popcorn?

IMO, the pic in your post is not normal.
I wouldn't think twice about simply walking away from it. Salvage title? Run.

This is a safety system, your life (and possibly others lives) are at stake.

If the airbag has been deployed and improperly repaired, it may not work when you need it the most. How cool would that be?

See a professional Honda technician. Do you have safety inspections out there? Go there.
See your insurance agent. Take it to SOMEONE who can actually do something or tell you what your next steps should be.

I have seen some ugly stuff out there and there are some unscrupulous people selling absolute disasters.
Had one Odyssey van bought from someplace (used car lot) in Chicago, there were so many airbags completely missing it wasn't even funny, and they had wiring bypassed using resistors to "fool" the control unit, among other things.
The proud new owner tried to wrap up several thousand dollars trying to make it right. Total waste.

Airbag light on?
Does it come on for about 5 seconds when you turn on the key, then stay off?
Old 12-21-2013
Registered!!

I just forgot to take them haha but they look like the pictures that i posted,
it was a red civic coupe EX auto with 88k miles for 74000 dlls the title it says clean and i check the vin online and everything seems right but those lines keep me thinking and also the transmission oil was very but very low on the stick and barely cover the like 1-2 cm of oil on the tip of the stick is that bad or is normal to be like that?
the problem here in san diego most people want to sell they civic 08 very expensive on the 10-15 k price :/
Old 12-21-2013

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jovan
the title it says clean and i check the vin online and everything seems right
Means absolutely nothing. I've seen some real disasters with a **clean** title.

also the transmission oil was very but very low on the stick and barely cover the like 1-2 cm of oil on the tip of the stick is that bad or is normal to be like that?
Are you using the correct method to check the fluid?
If the trans is cold, the fluid will appear low.

but those lines keep me thinking
EX auto with 88k miles for 7400
the problem here in san diego most people want to sell they civic 08 very expensive on the 10-15 k price :/
There's a reason a decent used Honda is priced that high. (but seriously, $15K for an 08 seems awful high to me.)

I'm sure there's a reason the car you are looking at is priced so unusually low. What might that reason be?

Originally Posted by ezone

See a professional Honda technician. Do you have safety inspections out there? Go there.
See your insurance agent. Take it to SOMEONE who can actually do something or tell you what your next steps should be.
If you can't figure it out yourself, then get a prepurchase inspection done. If that $150 stops you from making a $7400 mistake, it's money well spent.
Old 12-22-2013
Registered!!

Yeah my Dad went with me to check it out and he used the car and went on the freeway and let it idle after a few minutes and then he checked the Transmission Fluid at first it the tip was all cover in oil then he wiped it out with a cloth and then he checked it again and the tip barely had oil but my dad said the transmission shifted smoothly and all but he's worries about why is the oil so low and he told me something about that being bad that it could affect me in the long run
this is another civic
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/4213603821.html
Old 12-22-2013
Registered!!

if it's not to much if you have a civic could you take a small 1 minute video with the hood open too see and hear how the automatic transmission should sound? thanks
Old 12-22-2013

then he checked the Transmission Fluid at first it the tip was all cover in oil then he wiped it out with a cloth and then he checked it again and the tip barely had oil but my dad said the transmission shifted smoothly and all but he's worries about why is the oil so low and
You are supposed to check trans fluid with the engine NOT RUNNING.