Regular Maintenance Post Questions/Information about Regular Maintenance here

Where is 2010 honda civic fuel filter located?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kings322 is an unknown quantity at this point
Where is 2010 honda civic fuel filter located?

Where is the fuel filter for a 2010 Honda civic located? I tried calling autozone to see if they had it and they said that it wasn't showing up and could be inside of the fuel pump. Its been 3 years and I haven't changed it. I need to change it ASAP.

Thanks
Old 12-03-2013
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nice
Re: Where is 2010 honda civic fuel filter located?

I thought fuel filters didn't need to be changed for a long time, and even then its more of a "better safe than sorry" kind of thing?
I don't even recall if the manual has a suggestion of when to change it?

But I'm not too seasoned here, maybe someone with more experience will come in and leave their two cents, I could be completely wrong.
Old 12-03-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

It's built in to the tank unit.
The top plate of the apparatus that contains the fuel pump is what holds the filter element.

Nobody ever wants to do anything with it unless it is absolutely necessary. I haven't really seen any causing problems here as of yet, but if you ever get a load of "dirty" fuel or run through a sand storm/dust bowl without a gas cap, it could cause problems.

Check out part #5 in this link: http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...L+TANK+%281%29
Old 12-03-2013
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

It's part 5.
http://estore.honda.com/honda/parts/...n=&b=B++03&dl=

For the last ten years, the Civic's fuel filter has been located on the fuel pump under the rear seats. It's considered a "permanent" part, but I wish they still put them on the firewall like the old days.

Why do you NEED to change your filter so badly? They definitely last longer than three years!
Old 12-03-2013
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Damn, ezone beat me by a few seconds!
Old 12-03-2013

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poopies
Damn, ezone beat me by a few seconds!
Neener neener neener!
Old 12-03-2013
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Poopies
For the last ten years, the Civic's fuel filter has been located on the fuel pump under the rear seats. It's considered a "permanent" part, but I wish they still put them on the firewall like the old days.
Huh? What 'old days' are you referring to? Even my '79 Civic had the fuel filter under the backseat. Which by my count would be more like 35 years.

To the OP I went 15 years on my truck never changing the fuel filter and never having a problem. I've owned my Civic for 3 years now and I never plan on changing the fuel filter on it either. Unless like ezone said there's some reason you're gas got horribly contaminated.
Old 12-03-2013

That's SO last century!

I think 7th gen Civic was when external filter was eliminated, 2001
Old 12-03-2013
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

LOL, I just realized my 6th gen it is actually on the firewall, sorry. So many gens such a short attention span,lol
Old 09-22-2020
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Liad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stock 99
Huh? What 'old days' are you referring to? Even my '79 Civic had the fuel filter under the backseat. Which by my count would be more like 35 years.

To the OP I went 15 years on my truck never changing the fuel filter and never having a problem. I've owned my Civic for 3 years now and I never plan on changing the fuel filter on it either. Unless like ezone said there's some reason you're gas got horribly contaminated.
The 2010 Honda Civic manual, page 476, states to change fuel filter every 40,000 km (25,000 miles) or every 3 years. On page 446, maintenance schedule for replacing fuel filter is every 80,000 km (50,000 miles).
Anybody in Honda that could clear this matter up?
Old 09-22-2020

Originally Posted by Liad
The 2010 Honda Civic manual, page 476, states to change fuel filter every 40,000 km (25,000 miles) or every 3 years. On page 446, maintenance schedule for replacing fuel filter is every 80,000 km (50,000 miles).
Anybody in Honda that could clear this matter up?
Is your car a Diesel? Anything with a Diesel engine probably has very different maintenance needs than a typical petrol (gas) engine car.

Most of us are in north america.......the discussion above was about gas engine cars....
Honda doesn't sell cars with diesel engines on our side of the pond.