Brakes Post information/questions/Issues about Brakes here.

abs code 61-01

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a.d.gilmour is an unknown quantity at this point
abs code 61-01

My 07 civic EX is vibrating, at startup and idle, definately coming from right front . Vibration diminishes with RPMS. Had an ABS light , code 61-06, which says "ignition voltage" , which is no help. Batt voltage is over 12 v on Innova code scanner, which measures it upon connection. Can anyone direct me to diagnosing ABS problems? There's no power train DTCs, so I think its in the ABS system
Old 11-30-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: abs code 61-01

1) You probably need the engine mount on the passengers fender. Super common, there's a thread here somewhere with good pics of bad/good mount.

Wait, found the post here: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/posts/197-mechanical-problems-vehicle-issues-fix-forum/342963-2008-honda-civic-vibrates-parking-reverse-gear/4577741-post11.html

2)ABS code 61-01 VSA Modulator-Control Unit Initial IG Low Voltage
Make sure the battery is fully charged and GOOD. Low battery voltage (weak or bad battery) causes all sorts of codes like this, especially if the voltage drops significantly during cranking.
Erase the code. See if it sets the code again even with a good strong battery. If it does not come back, let it go.
Old 12-01-2013
Registered!!

a.d.gilmour is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you, ezone, and you, Gunner, for the help. Just went out and looked-just like the pic-compressed and hitting on the body.
And I'd previously erased the 61-01 ABS code, and it had not returned. So relieved-thought the RF abs system was going wonky on me.
You guys are the BEST!
Old 12-01-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Note, when the mount goes bad it's like the engine is laying right on the frame.....the car may even sound like it's got a fart can muffler on it.

Aftermarket mounts are usually much stiffer than stock and cause endless complaints about vibration.

The other two mounts (trans and bottom of the engine) I have never had to replace.
Old 03-11-2020
Registered!!

Ali Def is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a code 3D-01. I bleed the brakes and after a mile, brakes lock permanently and the car jams. I then have to stop and use my 14 mm wrench to relief the brake by loosening the bolt on the calibers, push the brake pedal and unlock the brakes. Computer says modulator unit, low voltage.
Old 03-11-2020
Click Here

Received 1,151 Likes on 899 Posts
FRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of light

This thread hasn't been touched in 6 years.

Please start your own thread, for future reference.

You shouldn't ignore the other code either.
Old 03-26-2022
Registered!!

mikegormaly is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ezone
Note, when the mount goes bad it's like the engine is laying right on the frame.....the car may even sound like it's got a fart can muffler on it.

Aftermarket mounts are usually much stiffer than stock and cause endless complaints about vibration.

The other two mounts (trans and bottom of the engine) I have never had to replace.
How do you delete a code?