8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Buying a Honda Today, Need Urgent Help Regarding Carfax

Old 08-26-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SKEETZ9R is an unknown quantity at this point
Buying a Honda Today, Need Urgent Help Regarding Carfax

Hey Guys,

So my parents are going to another state to look at this 2006 Honda Civic EX and it's by a dealer. I found it on CL, the price he has put up the car for is relatively cheap for a dealer.

The car has one owner, and the last odometer reported reading on carfax was back in 2006 and it was 15Miles.
According to the seller the car now has 48K miles on it.

And all the other 9 events reported by carfax are for registration renewals (without odometer readings)

However last month on carfax I see this event;
Title issued or updated
Loan or lien reported

I asked the seller ans he said it was taken care off ( Not reported on CarFax though) will have to verify from the titler (which I told my parents to). Would the lien being paid off reflect on carfax?

Now, he is selling the car pretty cheap, below KBB. My parents have taken a mechanic with them and they will be getting it checked by a local automotive store too. I was just a little worried as to why was he selling the car cheaper than one would expect him to. Should my parents look for anything before handing him the cash?
Old 08-27-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fliptard will become famous soon enoughFliptard will become famous soon enough
Re: Buying a Honda Today, Need Urgent Help Regarding Carfax

Tittle issued or updated is just when the title was transfer to a new person, most likely to the dealer.

Loan or Lien is just stating a loan (borrowed money) was used to purchase the car.

When looking at cars, esp cheap ones. I always pull the carpet in the trunk to look at the body panels. if it was rear-ended or such, replacement ones would have be welded in and are usually black. Original ones are usually primerish gray with sometimes a dusting color of w.e color the car is/originally was.
Old 08-27-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Buying a Honda Today, Need Urgent Help Regarding Carfax

A thorough inspection by a qualified, competent, observant tech is of far more value than a Carfax.
IMO, a clean carfax report is worth nothing. Zero. Zip. Nada.
A bad report might be worth something though.

I have a 09 Nissan truck here today with a clean carfax report laying in the front seat.......This thing looks like Ray Charles bought it from a last-chance auto auction by a phone call while sitting on a bar stool 300 miles away. The body shop apparently wasn't finished with it, yet the carfax report is clean....other than about 5 auction reports in the last 1000 miles.