8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

2014 Civic

Old 06-05-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maccabird is an unknown quantity at this point
2014 Civic

Anyone know of any rumors as to whether or not the 2014 civic will have Push Start/smart key on higher trims? Or will it most likely not be seen until the 2015 refresh?
Old 06-05-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Civic

will have Push Start/smart key
Jeebus Cripes I hope not. They might be convenient and cool for lazy appliance users, but they make life suck when it comes to working on the cars in the shop.

JMHO. YMMV.

/rant
Old 06-06-2013
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Not likely.
Old 06-28-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
danwat12345 has a spectacular aura aboutdanwat12345 has a spectacular aura about

Probably no Earth Dreams engines for the Civic until 2015 or later. EDIT: Yay for 8 year old engine and tranny models (from 2006)

Last edited by danwat12345; 06-29-2013 at 01:52 PM.
Old 06-28-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope so. Just to make ezones life more miserable so he stops messaging me about not being able to post and has bigger problems (lol j/k ezone)
Old 06-28-2013

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BlueEM2
so he stops messaging me about not being able to post
Hey, um.... I still can't post like a normal person and there are others that have been alienated from this site too.. When is this gonna get fixed??????????????????????????????!
Originally Posted by BlueEM2
I hope so. Just to make ezones life more miserable so he stops messaging me about not being able to post and has bigger problems (lol j/k ezone)
It's not like that really makes my life any more miserable...I just like to b!tch a lot. I'm sure my ex would agree.

My issue (as a tech) is that the column automatically locks when the ignition powers down. (I might need to move the front wheels left and right in order to do a brake job, for example.)
The only way to unlock the column is to power up the ignition to at least the accessory power mode to keep it unlocked.
If the car is in the air for a length of time, this can run the battery dead. Then I have to deal with everything that goes sour when the battery goes dead, in addition to a jump start and/or charging the battery back up.

Next issue is that in order to start the car, one must have a foot on the brake pedal. I can't just reach in the window and start the engine anymore. Example: every oil change...That means squeezing my fat butt past the hoist and in and out of each car an extra time.

As an appliance user, You can't turn off just the engine and keep the radio playing. The ignition system must go through each step in order.

Off > Accy+On+Start+Run > Off -- if your foot is on the brake...Or

Off > Accy > On > Off -- if you don't have your foot on the brake.

So you turn the system back on and wait a loooooong time for (the computer that just happens to be in control of) radio functions to boot up and start running the radio program. Yeah. They don't have simple radios anymore, they are now computers that just happen to make noise.

Last edited by ezone; 06-28-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-28-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Well ... I'd get mad too.. thats annoying.

As far as the post thing goes I see no quick resolution. Believe me I am frustrated too.
Old 06-28-2013

It's really annoying that I can't preview a post like this... I have to flip modes back and forth in order to see where my typos and edits need to go, then you already read the post by the time I get my edits done.