8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Need Advise: Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gtonto is an unknown quantity at this point
Need Advise: Extended Warranty

I bought a CPO Honda Civic 2011 Sedan but it only have 7months left for the Manufacturer's Warranty. the Car has 15,200 Miles so far with Clean CarFax no accident/damage. They add up a 7 year/100k miles Powertrain Warranty for 2,900$. Did i make a good decision? or should i Cancel it? I need help.

Last edited by gtonto; 05-20-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old 05-20-2013
Registered!!

eastsider is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Need Advise: Extended Warranty

Originally Posted by gtonto
I bought a CPO Honda Civic 2011 Sedan but it only have 7months left for the Manufacturer's Warranty. the Car has 15,200 Miles so far with Clean CarFax no accident/damage. They add up a 7 year/100k miles Powertrain Warranty for 2,900$. Did i make a good decision? or should i Cancel it? I need help.

The basic Certified Warranty that comes standard with a CPO vehicle is very generous, IMO. When I bought my CPO 2010 EX sedan earlier this year, I declined the dealer's pitch for the type of costly add-on coverage that you bought.

Here’s an overview of the Certified Warranty, in case the dealer didn’t explain it to you:

http://automobiles.honda.com/certifi.../warranty.aspx
Old 05-20-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

My opinion: I would have saved the 2900. Invest it and draw interest on it. LOL
But then, I know what I expect out of these cars.
I didn't buy any extended warranty when I bought my 12. Hell, I can fix it myself. (I have room to say that though, because I do it for a living.)

As linked above, a Certified Pre-Owned Honda comes with a great warranty of its own already.

Read your paperwork. Know what you have. Don't be a sucka.

Plus the car still has 5/60 warranty on the powertrain from the factory after the 3/36 bumper to bumper runs out.

You probably are not going to have anything go seriously wrong enough to burn up 2900 in repairs on the powertrain. It sounds like you sorta just pre-paid for a transmission job or something that it won't likely need if you actually take care of it in the first place.... IF the warranty claim administrator decides to be generous and cover at least a partial amount of the repairs instead of denying coverage altogether for some stupid reason. Yeah it happens.
(I guess it's a risk you run when you have any car though, and this is how warranty companies make their money.)

Besides, many aftermarket extended warranties are just a waste when it comes time to make a claim. They want to deny coverage for all kinds of reasons, that's how they keep your money.

Google the name of the company, read the hate mail and nastygrams about the company.
Old 05-21-2013
Registered!!

gtonto is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for information.
it helped me a lot.
Old 11-03-2014
Registered!!

bountybuddy is an unknown quantity at this point

I just bought a Honda Certified Pre-Owned 2012 Civic EX. I feel I got a good warranty with it and I would not hesitate to buy another Certified Pre-Owned Honda car. Just my .02 cents worth. Drive safe my friends.