8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

xm radio?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bigdaddy45 is an unknown quantity at this point
xm radio?

so i just found out my civic is xm radio ready but when i push it nothing happens. I read around and they say that i need a reciver for the car(wtf? like say it has xm radio or not) however i found a deal for a reciver but i want to know if it's going to fit http://shop.siriusxm.com/xm/ctl10600...th_vehicle_kit
Old 02-27-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: xm radio?

I think if its xm ready then you just need an interface box and antenna to interface it with your OEM radio. What you found is if you don't have an xm radio ready radio. At least this is my understanding of it but I'm not sure. My wife's car is xm ready and she has a little xm box under her seat that incorporates it into the factory radio. She also had a little black antenna on her roof. Like this:

The receiver you found looks likes its universal and uses a radio frequency to play through your speakers.
Old 02-27-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bigdaddy45 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: xm radio?

Originally Posted by GolNat
I think if its xm ready then you just need an interface box and antenna to interface it with your OEM radio. What you found is if you don't have an xm radio ready radio. At least this is my understanding of it but I'm not sure. My wife's car is xm ready and she has a little xm box under her seat that incorporates it into the factory radio. She also had a little black antenna on her roof. Like this:

but the thing is the one I'm planning on buying is only $20 idk how much your thing costs plus mine you just plug and play yours might need some wiring but i could be wrong.