8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

2007 Navi system in Hawaii

Old 12-10-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wx4caster is an unknown quantity at this point
2007 Navi system in Hawaii

I have been searching forums trying to figure out how and if I can get my 2007 system to work here in Hawaii -and then I called the Honda Navigation Update Center, and the information I received from a totally unknowledgeable phone agent only made me even more confused.

First - The nav site says the 2013 Turquise DVD Map update V6.B0 is compatible with 2006-2011 models - so this is good.

Second - Then the site says: "With map coverage that includes the 48 contiguous United States, Hawaii and the border region of Canada, your Honda will be equipped for travel both near and far. " - so I'm still thinking this is good.

BUT, If I click on FAQS, it says: "Can my navigation system provide coverage for Alaska or Hawaii?
A new version of the Peugeot Alert Zone Database will be released on a monthly basis. To be informed when the latest version is available for download, complete your details in the CONTACT US page. When updating regurlarly this database, you can get more accurate alerts and drive then more safely." - I have no idea what this means.

When I spoke to an agent to see if a new disc would provide Hawaii coverage on my 2007 system, he told me (after about a 3 minute hold to check) that a new disc won't even work in my 2007 system. ???? then why does the website say it is compatible.

Finally, I found a mention that a honda dealer has to change the system from mainland to Hawaii - but I'm not sure if my 2007 system even has this capability.

So, I'm at a loss to know if my system would ever work here, even with a new disc, or for that matter, even if a disc update would work at all. The info I just got from my local dealer, "Hum, I don't know, but here's a toll-free number to the Honda Navigation Center". No help!