8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

New to the Si world, need some advice.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RagenerdSi is an unknown quantity at this point
New to the Si world, need some advice.

Hello everyone. My name is Dan.

I am new here and new to being an owner of a 2006 Civic Si, which I am pretty sure is the first year for the 8th Gen.

I was never really into mods and stuff like that with my previous vehicles, mainly because they were crap and not popular models for that type of thing. I have always wanted a Si and now I have one.

If anyone has any advice on upkeep, good mods or just friendly advice on just about anything, please feel free to let me know.

As of right now, I wash the car once a week, sometimes more if I happen to run by a car wash, but I definitely won't be using the mechanical car washes anymore. My iVtec decals are coming off because of it. So I went and bought a bunch of stuff for washing it myself.

I also stay true to premium fuel. I have had a few friends ask " Why are you putting premium fuel in it, it's only recommended, you don't actually have to". I haven't had the car long, but I love it already and I couldn't see myself putting anything but premium in it, I would feel like I am abusing it.

Other than that, I am new to all of this and could use some direction. I want to start on some mods, but I don't know where to begin.

Thank you

Dan
Old 12-02-2012
Registered!!

Diogee is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New to the Si world, need some advice.

Hey RagenerdSi

I am in the same boat as you. Except the only car I had modded was my 93 Maxima Se. Oh I miss her lol. Other than that. I just bought myself an 09 Civic Si 6spd. I was able to keep myself away from the internet and looking at bolt-on mods. But now I am curious. Im not sure if its going to be worth it or not. I drive it regularly to work and such. Normal driving. But Im back into a sports car. Ill keep an eye on this thread. This forum doesnt seem like it gets a lot of activity though.

See you around.

Chris
Old 12-05-2012
Registered!!

thumperk15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I got a '06 SI, but gave it to a girl, then married her. I have a hemi Ram among other toys lol. The SI has 95000 miles, the first day I pulled the SI and Vtec emblems for a clean appearance so no problems with them washing off under power. I did a catback, cai, wheels, camber kit, 2006 didn't have the kit but under a warranty they did the kit for free from excessive tire wear. I didnt like the true cai from rain it would pick up water because its in front of the tire. I now have a short ram. I did a oval Magnaflow and a tip to add to the tuner look without the buzz. I did a Seibon carbon hood and about to look into lights and hids. I wanted to keep it different from other local cars but its a daily for her and not a show car or race car. I cant help a lot but maybe this helps a bit. Watch racing them I heard after dropping a gear the rev limiter disengages, never asked anyone on here and never looked back. I don't really race it but its a blast to drive so enjoy them!
Old 12-05-2012
Registered!!

thumperk15 is an unknown quantity at this point

The SI is a K20 with 11.1 compression, only go premium in it. Note though if you dont check the mileage every tank like my wife does. Wakmart 91 isn't non ethanol, if she has to run it she gets like 27-28mpg per tank. Shell gas is is ethanol free and she gets 34 with it. So get a Shell gas or another premium ethanol free gas. Ethanol absorbs moisture from the air, not good lol.
Old 01-19-2013
Registered!!

Oscar Yabar should not be trusted

Hola Dan yo también tengo un SI del 2006 i estoy muy feliz con el carro, te recomiendo una cosa empujar bien la palanca en 3ra ya que aveces no en crocha bien saludos i a disfrutar