8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

What service is needed if steering wheel vibrates?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
torontob is an unknown quantity at this point
What service is needed if steering wheel vibrates?

Hi everyone,

My 2009 Honda Civic DX-G 4DR is now at 111,000 KM. I have previously once had the brake pads (or maybe called shoes) replaced for front tires (if I am not mistaken it was the front).

However, I recently notice that the steering wheel vibrates (right and left) as I press on brakes while slowing down from 100km/hr. Do the pads need service? Do I need tire rotation or alignment? What is really tire rotation or alignment? something I can do on my own? how about brake pads? I have taken upon me to do a lot of services myself so I would like to learn.

2nd questions: I bought two new refills for my wipers but how do you take the old ones out? There is a snap the open at the back of the wiper but the old refills seem to be tightly stuck to the wiper still.

Please advise and THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Old 05-30-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What service is needed if steering wheel vibrates?

Originally Posted by torontob
as I press on brakes while slowing down from 100km/hr.
Rotors need machined.

two new refills for my wipers but how do you take the old ones out? There is a snap the open at the back of the wiper but the old refills seem to be tightly stuck to the wiper still.
Did you buy just the rubber inserts,

or complete cheapo aftermarket blades?

I'd use the correct inserts from the dealer, they are $10.85 (MSRP, USD) for the pair of correct inserts..... Probably a LOT cheaper than the cheapo aftermarket blades, and work a lot better.

Inserts are #22 and #23 here http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...NDSHIELD+WIPER

I can slide the inserts in without removing the wiper blade from the arm.
Most dealers will change the rubber inserts for you if you purchase them from them.

Anyway....
Lift up the little flap. Shove the blade inward off of the hook. (The arm has a U shaped hook on the end, common to 90% of the cars on the road.)

Manipulate, cuss, yell, and hold your mouth just right to get the old one off of the hook. Once you figure out the first one, the other should be a breeze.
Follow instructions on the package to install new ones.

Repeat every year.

Save the original wipers.... you may decide to put them back on once you try to live with cheapos. Do not pull the inserts out unless you have new rubbers right there, those little wires aren't sold by themselves if you lose them.

HTH