8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Honda civic 07 seats change

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mrgufy12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Honda civic 07 seats change

I just bought a 07 honda civic DX four door... the seats are color beige.. I'm planing to change them,does any body knows how to change them????... better yet IF THERES ANY BODY THAT WANTS TO TRADE THEIR SEATS WITH MINE. IM LOOKING TO GET BLACK SEATS. I need this color cause I'm a mechanic and its to hard to keep the seats clean. right now I have them cover by some leather covers that i bought at auto zone.

Old 05-05-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Honda civic 07 seats change

usually involves 4 bolts on the bottom and unplugging a few sensors.
Old 05-05-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrgufy12
I need this color cause I'm a mechanic and its to hard to keep the seats clean.
Smashing a finger with the wheel weight pliers sucks, don't it?
Originally Posted by gearbox
usually involves 4 bolts on the bottom and unplugging a few sensors.
Don't forget calibration of the SWS, ODS, and OPDS sensors for the passengers seat. All to be completed with the HDS scanner, all 3 are done in a single operation.

I couldn't tell you if it will turn the SRS light on or not since a complete used seat should already have the parts in it, but it needs done every time you monkey with any part of any of the systems.
Replacing a seat is the same as replacing parts of the systems. They will no longer be calibrated to the control unit as intended.

HTH
Old 05-05-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Smashing a finger with the wheel weight pliers sucks, don't it?

HTH

well i fix planes...
Old 05-05-2012
Registered!!

so if i change the seats there would not be a way to calibrate them the other set as a default of the car?
Old 05-06-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

with the way car companies keep overcomplicating technology, pretty soon you wont even be able to sit in the car without some alarm going crazy because your butt sticks out too far.
Old 05-06-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

well i fix planes...
Ooh, sorry.
Gee, I always pictured that as probably being far cleaner than fixing cars.

so if i change the seats there would not be a way to calibrate them the other set as a default of the car?
I have never had to try this with a used seat, so this is my guess:

The control unit would remember the calibrations for the original seat, if anything. It may be reasonably close to correct if you use an identical set of seats......but if you switch from something like cloth to leather, it will be way wrong.

The only way I know of is with an HDS scanner, or an equivalent (I don't even know if there are any non OE scanners that do all SRS functions.)
I don't think there is any way to do it without a proper scanner. There is zero info on the Honda site, everything is shown using the HDS.

The systems detect the presence of a passenger, the weight of the passenger, and the seating position of that passenger.
Conditions for passengers front airbag, the side airbag (seat side bag), and the side curtain bag deployments are determined from these data. Probably seat belt (restraint) charges too.

Boy, I'd hate to be the one responsible for any of these being calibrated erroneously.

Originally Posted by gearbox
with the way car companies keep overcomplicating technology, pretty soon you wont even be able to sit in the car without some alarm going crazy because your butt sticks out too far.
Don't you DARE fart.