8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

possible new honda owner pls read.

Old 12-21-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
curtiscr87 is an unknown quantity at this point
possible new honda owner pls read.

Hey guys im new here to the forums hopefully i will be sticking around. Anyways im looking at buying a 07 honda civic si. The reason behind this is im having some financial problems. i currently drive a 08 infiniti g35x. i was looking for something cheap affordable and fun to drive. i have heard great things about hondas but i have never owned one. this one im looking at has 58,000 miles and looks perfect. Have not test drove yet. but will early next week. if i purchase this car it will be my first manual transmission : ) Anyways if i could get some more info, or maybe something to look for problems etc; i would appreciate it.
Old 12-21-2011
Registered!!

aidan/eg5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: possible new honda owner pls read.

as with all hondas check for signs of hard life they have a high rev band with fuel cut at 8200 so they are often driven hard check for oil leaking from anywhere in the engine look for a service history usual stuff make sure to rev the car and look for excessive smoke from the exhaust especially when in vtec ( after 5800rpm) with this being a new enough enough engine it should be ok. check the oil make sure its not burning alot of it. all vtec systems burn oil its the way they are designed but should not be more than 1 liter per 1000 miles. bein honest im not too familiar with the k20z3 they are fitted with as im in europe but these are things to look out for when buying any honda with a vtec system
Old 12-21-2011
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

Check the car fax.Btw how much is he asking for?And definitely look for oil leaks.My uncle bought a used Accord and didn't seem to have any oil looks,now $2000 came out of his pocket through the course of 4 months fixing oil leaks...
Old 12-21-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

The rear tires tend to wear out quickly, there was a fault in the design of the rear lower control arms and although they were replaced with revised version under a recall reports still seem to suggest the tires go a bit quick.
Old 12-22-2011
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

Depends on price, and how the car was treated. Look at the carfax for the stuff that was reported(clean car fax does not mean clean car history). make sure it all looks good and check under hood and in the trunk area for damage from a previous accident..if everything looks good no leaks and drives well then it will be a reliable car..They do have 3rd gear issues but honda is aware of them