8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

SEMA 2012 Civic

Old 10-24-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light
SEMA 2012 Civic

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/10/24/f...c-si-for-sema/

Fox Marketing Cars 2012 Honda Civic Si

The main focus of this build was to showcase the reliability, and performance capability from Honda's new K24Z7 power plant. With a properly engineered turbo kit the new Civic Si can consistently provide an enthusiast with over 450 horsepower for 100,000+ reliable miles without blinking an eye. Because the K24Z7 is so strong from the factory, we added a new Full-Race intercooled turbo kit. This turbo kit features the BorgWarner EFR turbo as seen in Honda's LMP1/LMP2 engine program, and 2012 Indycar teams. To properly and accurately tune the vehicle, Hondata FlashPro was selected to control Injector Dynamic 1000cc fuel injectors and the 255lph fuel pump, all made possible with the Chasebays Engine Harness. For additional power and durability, the stock plastic K24Z7 intake manifold was replaced with a Honda RRC intake manifold (euro Accord Type-R) sourced from ImportDPS. Since the car has these types of power numbers we need serious traction - so a 10.5 inch wide Vossen wheel with Toyo Tire will put the power to the ground. We then hand-built the widebody kit around the wheel and tire set up, and painted the civic BASF R-M Ultrasonic Blue Pearl, a new-school take on the classic Civic Si electron-blue-pearl. The interior was upgraded with Yonaka Ronin Racing Seats with factory Civic Si fabric inserts front, and rear. We hope you enjoy our vision for this new Si, and stay tuned to our Facebook and YouTube page for full dyno videos after SEMA!

Engine:
Full-Race 2012+ Civic Si Turbo Kit
Full-Race Turbo Manifold
Full-Race Intercooler w/ 2.5" Charge piping (Black Chrome finish)
Full-Race 3" Downpipe
Full-Race 3" Cat-Back Exhaust
BorgWarner EFR Turbocharger
Hondata FlashPro
Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
ChaseBays Engine Harness
06 Civic Si ECU
Yonaka Silicone Hoses
Yonaka Clamps
Competition Clutch Stage 4
Competition Clutch Flywheel
Hardware909 Billet Oil Cap
Hardware909 K Series Flat Head Bolts
Hardware909 Billet Oil Dip Stick
Custom Steel braded AC Line
Brad Penn Penn-Grade 1 "The Green Oil" – 0w-30
Valve Cover Insert painted BASF R-M Ultrasonic Blue
Intake Manifold Cover painted BASF R-M Silverstone
Installed by: Mugsy's Repair – Gold Certified Honda Techs

Suspension/Braking:
Front: SSBC 13 inch 4 Piston Calipers
Road Magnet 1.5 inch Springs
Rear: 12 inch 2 Piston Calipers
Road Magnet 1.2 inch Springs

Wheels/Tires:
Front:
20x10.5 Vossen CV3 Brushed Aluminum with BASF R-M Carizzma Flat Black Barrels
255/30/20 Toyo Proxes 4 Tires
Yonaka Tuner Lug Nuts

Rear:
20x10.5 Vossen CV3 Brushed Aluminum with BASF R-M Carizzma Flat Black Barrels
255/35/20 Toyo Proxes 4 Tires
Yonaka Tuner Lug Nuts

Exterior:
BASF R-M Ultrasonic Blue Pearl
BASF R-M Carizzma Flat Black
BASF R-M Black
CarBodyKits.com Custom Front Bumper
CarBodyKits.com Custom 2.5 inch Fender Flares
CarBodyKits.com Custom Side Skirts
CarBodyKits.com Custom Rear Valance
Custom Carbon Front Splitter
Advan Carbon Hood
Custom Tined Taillights with BASF R-M DC5335 Clear
Custom Tinted Headlights with BASF R-M DC5335 Clear
Accentz 45 percent UV Window Film

Interior:
Yonaka Ronin Black Leather Seats with Factory Si fabric inserts
Custom Rear Black Leather with Factory Si fabric inserts

Partners:
BASF Refinish
Yonaka Motorsports
Mugsy's Repair
Full-Race Motorsports
BorgWarner Turbo Systems
Hondata
ID Fuel Injectors / T1 Race Development
Vossen Wheels
Toyo Tires
ChaseBays.com
Hardware909
SSBC Brakes
Road Magnet
Hybrid Racing
CarBodyKits.com
Advan Carbon
Accentz Window Tint
Brad Penn Oil
Honda-Tech.com
9thCivic.com
AutoBlog.com
Old 10-24-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: SEMA 2012 Civic

Wow, that actually looks really good.
Old 10-24-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,143 Likes on 798 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Rims are a bit big for my tastes, but it's seksi otherwise
Old 10-24-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
random will become famous soon enoughrandom will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by maxtierney
... With a properly engineered turbo kit the new Civic Si can consistently provide an enthusiast with over 450 horsepower for 100,000+ reliable miles without blinking an eye. ...
I've always been curious how tuners and/or manufacturers test the longevity of an engine. In this case of an aftermarket tuner, how do they know that it's good for over 450 HP for 100,000+ miles?
Old 10-24-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

^^ Manufacturers usually test run an engine for hundreds of thousands, if not millions of miles, before they put them into production. Tuners have to take their word until it happens. You've gotta realize 99% of the time what a tuner says about HP isn't true. Don't believe it till you see it. If it really would last 100K+ at 450HP then it wouldn't void the warranty. fyi: It wouldn't void a GM warranty.

Without the wide-body kit those Civics look like crap.
Old 10-24-2011
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

the rims look way bigger than 20s to me. i've seen 18, 19, 20 on a 7thgen and it looked pretty nice. maybe the 9thgens are just smaller?
Old 10-24-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by random
I've always been curious how tuners and/or manufacturers test the longevity of an engine. In this case of an aftermarket tuner, how do they know that it's good for over 450 HP for 100,000+ miles?
The quality of the tune is a major factor in the longevity of a turbo engine, as are the internals. An engine with OEM cast internals runs much tighter piston to wall clearances than aftermarket forged internals, which will be a major factor in longevity. I'd say with stock internals, running 8 psi consistently, this car could last 100k without much trouble. At low boost a turbo really isn't that hard on an engine.
Old 10-24-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MindBomber
At low boost a turbo really isn't that hard on an engine.
Operative words. There is no way that Civic is running low boost. That turbo is as big as a jet engine and it's spitting out double stock HP. I'm not disagreeing with you, I just have my doubts that particular Civic will last 100K.
Old 11-02-2011
EM2ti

maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Some pics I came across from SEMA.

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2011/11...si-coupes.html

Old 11-02-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

I dont care how sexy SEMA make these cars look..... and no matter the mods, they're still piles of ****.

I hate 9th gens, period.

-puuuke-
Old 11-02-2011
EM2ti

Tell us how you really feel. Haha. I'm not crazy about them either. If you squint just right, and look at them at a certain angle. Maybe, just maybe...
Old 11-03-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

^ No words can explain how much I effin hate this stupid car.

Test drove the non-Si sedan last week... and it's terrible. VERY terrible.
Just thinking about this stupid car makes my blood boil -_-;
Old 11-03-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

^I admire your passion in the hatred of ninth gen civics.

I love the orange and purple wheels, I wonder who makes them..
Old 11-03-2011
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

dont hate just cause the 9thgen looks like a kia from the rear.
Old 11-03-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

The fact that they look like a kia is a perfect reason to hate haha