8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

New Civic Owner/Few Important Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nramsay8 is an unknown quantity at this point
New Civic Owner/Few Important Questions

Hi there fellow Honda owners,

I just purchased a Honda Certified 2007 Honda Civic DX-G automatic from the dealer a few days ago. I've never owned a Civic before and as a younger person this is my first big car purchase, previously was driving a 1999 Grand Am so a huge step up for me. I noticed when driving it home from the dealer that I was getting no AC at all and there was a decent ammount of water when I parked(puddle about the size of a pancake), called him up and he said no problem the previous owner probably just didn't turn it on for a while and it will need to be re-charged which they are doing free of charge. I also have the Honda Plus warranty for 7 years. I also noticed that sometimes when I park the car in the driveway that when I step out I hear a sloshing noise for a few seconds that is coming from where the gas tank cap is, I'm assuming this is normal and just gas in the tank or no? Otherwise car is in unbelievable shape and handles really nicely. Also does the Civic sometimes jump a little when changing gears? It's always nice but sometimes at different speeds I find it almost can't make up its mind about which gear to be in within a 5 km speed difference(again assuming this is normal). I've always owned a 6 cylinder so I find the Civic a bit different in that sense plus far more responsive breaks. Basically I just want to find out if these things I'm mentioning are normal as this would be the perfect time to find out with the Civic going to the dealership tomorrow to fix the AC issue. Maybe I'm just being paranoid but thought I'd seek the opinion of more knowledgeable people than myself to make sure I get all the kinks worked out earlier(I am fully intending to baby this car). The owner of the dealership is a family friend so would not steer me in the wrong direction and said any issues he will take care of but if I don't report the issue he has no way of knowing.Thanks all for your feedback.