General 8th & 9th Gen Got a question or want to post but it doesn't quite fall under any other topic? Post up here!

new here and question about the civic complaints

Old 05-19-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ceciliamay is an unknown quantity at this point
new here and question about the civic complaints

Hi .I am thinking about buying a civic.Recently I went on consumer affairs and found many people complainging about engine bolt and over heating.How reliable is a 2008 civic?The Honda fit had 100000 recalls.I am scared of getting a car that isn't reliable.Please help.
Old 05-19-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: new here and question about the civic complaints

2006+ civic has the cracking engine block problem which honda seems to be fixing, but idk. there is also the rear camber problem that kills the tires in less than a year. to me the civics keep getting less reliable. 01-05 was pretty bad, 06+ seems to be even worse in some areas. quality is going way down hill compared to their old cars that lasted forever. i would say look for an older early 90s honda, they were built to last and if you find one that was well taken care of, it will be more reliable than a new one.
Old 05-19-2011
Registered!!

ceciliamay is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you.What about the civic hybrid does that one have the same problem also?
Old 05-19-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Gearbox hates late model civics lol, i wouldn't have any hesitations to purchase one and I believe new Hondas will still last many years.

The rear camber issue existed on certain years, but you bring your car to the dealership and they fix it for free and cracking engine blocks aren't all that common. No car is completely problem free, that goes for the minor and more severe uncommon issues, that's just a reality of buying anything mechanically complex. A 100k recall isn't anything to be to concerned with either, much larger recalls are very common.
Old 05-19-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Gearbox hates late model civics lol, i wouldn't have any hesitations to purchase one and I believe new Hondas will still last many years.

The rear camber issue existed on certain years, but you bring your car to the dealership and they fix it for free and cracking engine blocks aren't all that common. No car is completely problem free, that goes for the minor and more severe uncommon issues, that's just a reality of buying anything mechanically complex. A 100k recall isn't anything to be to concerned with either, much larger recalls are very common.
Old 05-19-2011
Registered!!

07exNavi is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an 07, my major disappointed so far has been the camber problem in the rear. Just insist that they install the updated control arms before you buy it, use it as a bargaining point... It cut the life of my tires in half.

Other than that it has been a great car, I have around 45,XXX miles on mine and I havent had any major issues. Just did the front brakes (pads and rotors) and i'm looking to purchase my 3rd set of tires. Other than the camber issue its a good reliable car.
Old 05-19-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by gearbox
2006+ civic has the cracking engine block problem which honda seems to be fixing, but idk. there is also the rear camber problem that kills the tires in less than a year. to me the civics keep getting less reliable. 01-05 was pretty bad, 06+ seems to be even worse in some areas. quality is going way down hill compared to their old cars that lasted forever. i would say look for an older early 90s honda, they were built to last and if you find one that was well taken care of, it will be more reliable than a new one.
God you sound like my ex ...lmao :P

Before my 2009 Civic, I had a 2008 one .. had problems with it. Not the same problems mentioned above though. Something was wrong with the sunroof not opening or something like that and powersteering...don't exactly remember what happened... but needless to say, ended up trading the 2008 for the current one .. no problems so far. =D
Old 06-11-2011
Registered!!

98blaster+4 is an unknown quantity at this point

my girlfriends car is a 2007 lx sedan. it had the rear camber kit installed around 45Kmi and it did NOT fix the problem. dealership did the free recall work and its still did the same thing as soon as we drove it off the lot after repair. and the windshield wipers havent completely shat out but they dont stop when or where they are supposed to. alos i have heard of headliners disassmebling on their own. but got 107 k on the original AUTO tranny and fluid that it started life with.
Old 06-12-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

time for aftermarket camber kit then like SPC.