8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

1st 9th?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
20twelve is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation 1st 9th?

Purchased: 5/11/2011
Am I the first 9th gen owner to post on the forum? Yay Me

Guess I'll use this to give my first impressions of the car, instead of making it a worthless thread.

The car seems to have more room than the 8th (I could be wrong), but I seem to fit in the backseat more comfortably behind the drivers seat with my own setup. I'm 6'4" and 260, so this was quite a surprise.

The only thing lacking for myself in the backseat was headroom, I can't sit straight up. I either have to slide further down the seat, or sit like a hunch back and stare at the floor. This is one thing I really like about the Fit, which was going to be my original purchase, they have a ton of headroom.

Interior Ergonomics are lovely, even for a guy like me. The pedals are spaced far enough apart not to accidentally tag the wrong pedal, but close enough to offer some heel-toe excitement later on down the road. Steering wheel is nicely setup and isn't too small or plastic-y feeling to be uncomfortable. The shifter is more towards the dash than I would have thought, but it gives more room for cups than my 8th gen Accord coupe 6-6 did. I did like the feel of my 6-6 shifter over this one though. I know I'll be changing this in the future.

The dash has a nice shape to it, and I love the new iMID feature. Though the stereo in the LX seems to be somewhat of an afterthought and doesn't really go well with everything else in the car. Has USB connector in the center console though!

As far as power goes, I cannot really judge yet. I'm just over 100 miles and am going for a nice smooth break-in period. I actually have a question about this, I know most don't think vehicles really need a break-in anymore; the only thing I could find in the manual was to not tow anything for the first 600 miles, and to try and avoid hard braking for the first 200 miles, is 600 enough of a break-in time? I'm guessing that would be about 1 1/2 tanks of fuel, I was considering just taking it easy for the first two full tanks, possibly all the way to 1,000 miles.

The ride is really comfortable and the steering is responsive, smooth and light. The 5 speed manual shifts seamlessly through the gears, I wish reverse had more of a feel to it though. There isn't really a difference of feel between 4th and Reverse, so I'm always double checking before moving. I'm sure I will get more accustomed to this as I drive more. Road noise isn't bad at all that I've noticed so far.

Exterior changes are quite obvious and I wasn't a fan at first, however after driving it and seeing the sides through the mirrors and really looking at the shape of the car, I've been converted. I like it a lot.

This car was a HUGE downgrade from what I was in, but I'm making "lemonade" if you catch my drift. Lowered my payment, more mpg's, and less on insurance. So I'm saving money across the board.

I have some comments on the ECO mode, but I will post those in that thread.

Hope this helps some considering a purchase, or those just wondering what has changed.
Old 05-13-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: 1st 9th?

I believe you are the first 9th gen owner to join the site, congrats, I hope this thread is the start of a great community for the newest gen. May I ask what car you had before?

Regarding break-in, I would say that it's still a concern on any engine for the first oil change at least. Assembly, machining percision and technology has all improved, but that doesn't change the fundamental reason for breaking in an engine. I'm of the school of though that when you break in an engine you should beat on it hard to get everything stressed and seated properly by the way.
Old 05-13-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

I am sorry for breaking the news, you are #2!
Originally Posted by bnmyers
I got my new 2012 civic EX with Nav today. The dealer did not tell me that the car only came with stone interior, I thought I was getting tan. Bought it anyway. Drove real nice on the way home. The bluetooth works great. Here are some pictures as requested.
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...flavors-2.html
Welcome to the forum nonetheless!

Last edited by sdaidoji; 05-14-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old 05-14-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Haha, sweet, more 9th gen members coming in

Please show us some pictures of it!

And about the headroom:
More and more cars are getting a slanted back creating less headrooms for the rear passengers, just look at the crosstour lol.

Anyways, if it was me that bought the car, first thing i do when i bring it home, is drain it and feed it some Mobil 1
Old 05-14-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

Really? No headspace? O_o... thank god I'm short !
Old 08-17-2011
Registered!!

TheGENERAL is an unknown quantity at this point

Picking up my first Civic every tonight! 2012 Civic EX-L Sedan in Silver...

Thanks for the post as it makes me feel a little better about the driver headroom...6'3" here.

More posts sure to come later.