8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

What's next?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reeseozan is an unknown quantity at this point
What's next?

I have a 2007 Honda Civic EX auto. I have installed a cat-back exhaust, a cold air intake, a P2R throttle body spacer, and I just got my Megan header/down pipe in the mail yesterday. My question is... What's next on the upgrade list? I'm going to get a Pulley set, and I've been looking into the modified manifold intake. Besides going to a "turbo" system, what else is there that I can do to give it more hp? I don't mind it being loud, as it is already loud!
Oh, and I already know "trade it in for an Si"! I can't see that one happening.. just yet.
Thanks in advance.
Old 04-03-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What's next?

do they make an upgrade intake manifold for that engine?
Old 04-03-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

doesn't seem to be anything more as bolt ons go for the 8thgens.. Found a 2.25" downpipe for your car on thmotorsports.com, however.

other that than, either turbo or motor builds. Again, on thmotorsports.com, found some higher compression pistons
Old 04-03-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

manual swap? not sure if that is required to 8th gen auto trans, though
Old 04-03-2011
Registered!!

reeseozan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gearbox
do they make an upgrade intake manifold for that engine?
The 2006-2011 Civic DX/LX/EX (R18 motor) has a very restrictive intake manifold from the factory. This new Weapon R intake manifold intake is 40% larger than your OEM one and will significantly increase airflow. For turbocharged R18 Civic owners, this intake manifold is just about the best add-on you can get!

That's what I see on ProCivic's website. I hear its a pain to install though.
Old 08-18-2011
Registered!!

HUEVITO is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What's next? -----> BOLTS ON N/A K20Z3 FA5

moved to a new thread

Last edited by HUEVITO; 08-18-2011 at 10:16 PM.
Old 08-18-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

suspension
I can smoke high powered cars easily on me 100-ish engine. they all chicken out in conrners and go to the opposite lane in a 30-ish corner while i am going in-in-in and swerving the line just to play.
"power is nothing without control"
Old 08-18-2011
Registered!!

HUEVITO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
suspension
I can smoke high powered cars easily on me 100-ish engine. they all chicken out in conrners and go to the opposite lane in a 30-ish corner while i am going in-in-in and swerving the line just to play.
"power is nothing without control"
indeed, brakes, suspension, and tires needs upgrade before i try to do anything crazy again. is like using a totally different car. Same thing i have seen with F/I when it becomes out of control, or just not made for that kind of conditions.

fa5 has great suspension features, power steering, the switching between brakes, how it lit on dashboard when a wheel spins on air... good advise

thanks for the input,

Last edited by HUEVITO; 08-18-2011 at 09:35 PM. Reason: rephrase a sentence