8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

New 2011 EX Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LTDan is an unknown quantity at this point
New 2011 EX Sedan

So, I decided to get my first Honda today. I've been more of a Toyota and Ford guy in the past. After being in for warranty work 5 times (including a faulty clutch and PCM) and getting ready for a 6th visit, I got rid of my 6 month old 2011 Mustang V6 6 speed manual. It was a great looking car and it was FAST. But, It was in the shop for a total of 2 months of the 6!! That being said, I'd been keeping an eye on the civics and what kind of prices they were going for in the area. Picked up a new 2011 EX Sedan in the Dark blue. I love it. Everything about it screams quality. From the carpeted and padded arm rests to the telescoping steering wheel. And now they're giving 0.9% interest for 5 years! Only comlaint I have is a bit of wind noise on the freeway, but that's no big deal, especially when compared to the quiet but barely running Mustang. Not trying to badmouth any other cars here. Just my personal experience.
Old 03-03-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: New 2011 EX Sedan

You can get sound deadening material and put it behind the suspect panels (It's usually pretty heavy.) A lot of people like Dynamat

or...

really anything that is clothe will work (light weight and cheap but, won't stop the sound like deadening material). I had a friend that used these huge cotton baffles he had. He just cut out panel shaped pieces and put the panels back on. Don't ask me where he got them 'cause I don't remember and it was like 15 years ago.
Old 03-03-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lazlong
You can get sound deadening material and put it behind the suspect panels (It's usually pretty heavy.) A lot of people like Dynamat

or...

really anything that is clothe will work (light weight and cheap but, won't stop the sound like deadening material). I had a friend that used these huge cotton baffles he had. He just cut out panel shaped pieces and put the panels back on. Don't ask me where he got them 'cause I don't remember and it was like 15 years ago.
Hmm. I will most likely be keeping this car for quite some time. I'll have to look into that dynamat. Honestly, I didn't even think about using that. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-03-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

The only bad thing is it's heavy. My trunk lid weighs like 60 lbs.
Old 03-03-2011
Registered!!

johng35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Turn up the radio ,works for me.
I actually removed the Turanza tires , with Pole Position Re960s and the car got quieter

New tires maybe ?
Old 03-03-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

getting quieter tires will help the most.
Old 03-03-2011
Registered!!

Alright. I didn't even think about the tires. I thought it was just wind noise. I can deal with the noise until I need new tires. I was researching the dynamat as well and that looks like a definite option as well, at least for the doors. That stuff is pricey.
Old 03-03-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum. Your car is brand new if it doesnt bother you that much dont go ripping it apart
Old 03-04-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by tbohar
Welcome to the forum. Your car is brand new if it doesnt bother you that much dont go ripping it apart

I was thinking this as well. I don't necessarily trust employees doing stereo installs to tear apart my car and put it back together correctly.
Old 03-04-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Before I knew what I was doing I had a stereo installed and the guy totally messed it up and charged me top dollar for it too... Your way better off doing ANYTHING yourself. Even if you don't know what you are doing if you take your time you can do a better job than an installer IMO.
Old 03-04-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

go easy on the dynamat, its heavy and does not really reduce road noise (only vibration). for road noise you need a damping material like foam or carpet padding.
Old 03-07-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
go easy on the dynamat, its heavy and does not really reduce road noise (only vibration). for road noise you need a damping material like foam or carpet padding.
Do you have any suggestions on type/brand? I'd like to look into it a bit more. But the more I drive the car, the more I am leaning toward the tires being the biggest issue. They do seem a bit loud. I've read that they won't last very long anyways. About 21-25k miles is about what most people are getting out of them. I wouldn't spend the money to replace the tires before they're due either way. The car is quite comfortable as it is.
Old 03-12-2011
Registered!!

Just filled up for the first time today. 28.2 MPG for about 60% city/40% highway. Not too bad. I divided the miles driven by the gallons used. 265 miles and it took 9.4 gallons. That first tank was the free one that the dealer gave me, and I think they were a bit cheap and shorted me a 1/2 to 1 gallon of gas plus that was the first fill-up and the engine is still breaking in. I filled up with 6 bars left on the gas guage. I drove pretty carefully for that entire first tank. I think the engine only saw 3k+ RPM once or twice. Now I'll drive it a bit harder and see what I get. But I'm pretty happy with 28 MPG for the mix of driving and making mostly a bunch of shorter trips.
Old 03-12-2011
Premium Member

most engine break in happens at 5k miles, then at 10k its better, and at 20k its fully broken in (and you will see the most mpg and hp).
Old 03-12-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
most engine break in happens at 5k miles, then at 10k its better, and at 20k its fully broken in (and you will see the most mpg and hp).
Honestly, I was pretty impressed with 28MPG for a first tank of gas. Usually the first tank is the worst. My 2007 Corolla S got 25 MPG for the first tank and settled around 28-31 after 10k or so 50/50% city/highway driving. 25 MPG was the worst I saw on that car and I got 38 MPG once on my way to Vegas. For whatever reason, I enjoy driving this car quite a bit more than that one. And Honda still lists break in procedure in it's owner's manual. It pretty much just says avoid redline for the first 500 miles. Thanks for the engine break-in milage. I keep a pretty close eye on my fuel economy.
Old 03-16-2011
Registered!!

trinittyy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
It have so many features that we love
  • Luxurious Leather-Trimmed Interior (EX-L)
  • USB Audio Interface[3] (EX, EX-L)
  • Available Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with Voice Recognition[4] (EX/EX-L)
  •  
    • Bold Front Grille Punctuates Performance
    • Dramatic, Steeply Raked Windshield Enhances Aerodynamics
    • A Sporty LX-S features 16-Inch Alloy Wheels, a Rear Decklid Spoiler, Chrome Exhaust Tip and Black Sport-Trimmed Interior.
    and also many other things.
thanks!!