8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Looking for advice from you all

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ELItheICEman is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Looking for advice from you all

First off, I'm a new member here. I have absolutely zero knowledge about cars really, so I'm basically relying on whatever info I can find here to make a decision. Try not to get too technical with me if you can help it

Anyway, onto the matter at hand. I currently drive a vanilla '09 MT Civic LX-S, which is on a lease program. I'm looking at having my local dealer buy it out and cut me a deal on a new Honda, which I plan on buying.

I test drove a Si sedan yesterday and really enjoyed the ride. Felt a bit more sporty but not over the top compared to my LX-S. Most notably, the clutch felt a bit better and the gearing was a bit closer together, which made for a fun and slightly more powerful ride. The extra features offered in the Si would be nice to have as well.

So keeping in mind this would be my everyday commuter, I realize I'd be taking a hit on fuel economy (and having to buy the premium stuff too), but I think it'd be worth the cost. I'm no racer, and I have zero interest in tricking it out as such.

In your minds, would it be worth the upgrade, or should I just buy my leased LX-S and call it a day?
Old 01-04-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Looking for advice from you all

i think buying leased lx-s would be more practical in the future. esp with gas price in the summer going to $4+
Old 01-04-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rocksinger45 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with gearbox especially regarding the price of fuel, as more hybrid and battery powered car are released to the public OPEC is going to raise the price of fuel so they can keep the same profit margin... as the change away from fossil fuel looms I would look to get the best mileage possible...Next years models of 2012 Honda Civic will be a make or break year for Honda and Im sure they know it as the new models like the current models will be around for at least the next 5 to 6 years....Lets hope they do there homework.

Last edited by rocksinger45; 01-04-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old 01-04-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gearbox
i think buying leased lx-s would be more practical in the future. esp with gas price in the summer going to $4+
Its been above $4 here for years I've payed $6

If your car is just a commuter ride, then I would stick with the LX-S. The Si is nice, but if your not really into performance I doubt you will notice much of a difference between the two cars other than the cost of fuel and insurance.