8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Can't decide between Civic LX or Fit Sport

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bummbull is an unknown quantity at this point
Can't decide between Civic LX or Fit Sport

Hey everyone!

I am shopping around for a new car, and I have decided that cars that I enjoyed driving the most are Civic and Fit. I'm going to get it with standard transmission. I really liked driving both the new Civic and the Fit. I really enjoyed both car's driving dynamic as well as felt very comfortable on the highway as well as stop and go traffic. Civic LX and Fit Sport cost pretty similar, maybe like $800 difference.
What I like about the Fit: It's not as common as a Civic and more versatile
What I like about Civic: I drive lots of highway as my commute is 85mile round trip about 70miles on the highway.

It may just come down to cost. I am thinking that I may be able to get a bigger discount on the Civic since all of the dealers around me carries like 30 Civics to like 3 Fit.

I know that I'm on a Civic forum, so I may get lots of pro-Civic compared to the Fit, but if anyone has any suggestions for me, I'd greatly appreciate it!
Old 10-09-2010
Registered!!

odette is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Can't decide between Civic LX or Fit Sport

Hi, I'm a very happy owner of an 08 Civic LX sedan for the past thirty months. When I was shopping a couple of years ago, I, too, looked at the Fit, and ultimately decided on the Civic. Here's why:

1. I, too, drive a lot of highway miles (about 55) in my daily commute. The Civic's interior is downright luxurious for its price point. I thought that the then-available Fit was a little on the spartan side. And since one of my primary criteria for auto selection is avoiding any vehicle that has built-in annoyance features (such as making me feel as if I am in a fleet vehicle,) that was a big deciding factor for me.

2. The Fit is rather tall and narrow for its wheelbase. And since it is a lightweight car, I would think it would be more affected by cross-winds. This may not be much of a factor where you live, but I live in a fairly windy area (the Great Lakes.) My rush-hour commutes are already "exciting" enough without having the sensation of being blown under the semi in the next lane over!

3. Cargo carrying capacity isn't that limited on a Civic. I've toted luggage for a week for two people (including golf clubs for two,) a couple of dogs, and the general things that you can carry in a family car. I figure, if I want to haul half a household worth of furniture or some sheet plywood, I can always rent a U-Haul for the day. But unless you routinely carry large bulky items, it's pretty adequate for daily use, or even a vacation.

So it really all depends on how you're planning on using it.

Whatever you get, enjoy it!
Old 10-09-2010
Registered!!

Bummbull is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply! I agree with you about the cargo capacity. I just need to carry my two dogs around so Civic will provide plenty of room.
I think it'll just come down to price where if I can get a better deal with Fit or Civic.
Old 10-09-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

I would pick the FIT.
Old 10-09-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

My sister has a 2010 fit sport.. that thing is actually really fun to drive. She wants me to help her mod it. I told her to save up for a k20 swap in that thing

edit: the between my 02 civic and her 2010 fit, her fit is 100-200 lbs heavier, passengers fit in her car more comfortably, my car has a higher HP rating, and we get about the same mileage.

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 10-09-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 10-09-2010
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by odette
.....2. The Fit is rather tall and narrow for its wheelbase. And since it is a lightweight car, I would think it would be more affected by cross-winds. This may not be much of a factor where you live, but I live in a fairly windy area (the Great Lakes.) My rush-hour commutes are already "exciting" enough without having the sensation of being blown under the semi in the next lane over!...
That is never gonna happen.The Fit is not gonna flip over.My dad's got a Scion XD and he drives it daily.It's about the same size as a Fit.And he takes turn rather sharply.It is no where near flipping over.So I doubt wind would be able to flip a Fit over.Back on topic.I'd go for the Fit.They are fun little cars with great mileage like the Civic.But believe me,even though it's small,it has a huge cabin for it's size.I'm sure your 2 dogs would fit inside.You'll get a cheaper price with the Fit.

Last edited by VTEC-4.0; 10-09-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 10-09-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

drive both, see which one you like better. then buy that one. oops i see you already did lol. buy the cheaper one, or the one that gets better gas mileage.
Old 10-09-2010
Registered!!

GregG is an unknown quantity at this point

Got dogs? They will be pretty rough on the LX interior since it only comes in the 2 light colors. We got the civic LX-S since it came with the black interior and would hold up better to our kids abuse. We looked at the Fit too, liked the styling of the Civic way better though. Dealers are hurting too, got ours out the door including tax, tag, title for under 19k with no trade in.
Old 10-12-2010
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

2012 civic is just around the corner....although it seems ugly at this point but I would wait one more year if you can...
Old 10-12-2010
Registered!!

nuxil is an unknown quantity at this point

Honda Fit is not that safe for accidents as most smaller cars. Even if they build it thought you may say, they do the same for the bigger cars.
Example Honda Accord vs Honda Fit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaBuy1T69kQ
I would be more secure in a Honda Civic.