8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Small subtle performance upgrade suggestions

Old 09-09-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spuds93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Small subtle performance upgrade suggestions

Hello All,

This is my first post to the forum. I did not know how to search for what I am looking for so i thought I would start a new thread, sorry if this is a repeat topic.

I recently purchased my first ever Civic and got a 2010 LX w/sunroof, 2 dr, black, manual transmission. There's my specs, and now on to what I want to learn.

I would like to keep this Civic as close to stock as possible without any major overhauls to engine components, however I am looking for some small subtle performance upgrades in the future that will enable me to get the most out of my car.

First off, what could I do that would boost horsepower slightly from anything to changing air intakes to what type of plugs I could use. Not sure if this is the place to start or if i am looking completly in the wrong direction. Is this even possible without compromising the awesome fuel mileage you can get out of the Civic?

Secondly, I am looking for a suggestion for improvement to the stock audio equipment. By this I am looking towards an improvement on the speakers. I do not have the Premium Audio stock radio installed, only the basic CD/MP3 player with 1 auxillary input and the USB input in the console area. I do have an aftermarket radio deck that I could install, but for sound wise, what are the best speakers out there to enhance the audio without breaking the bank. I am not looking to put in my old 12" sub and box in the car as I am getting to old (30) and my ears can't handle the bass anymore. If I install aftermarket speakers in place of the stock ones, what is the best way to enhance on their sound? Powering them with an amp?

Thanks ahead of time for all of your suggestions, and I hope I made sense. I am not looking to break the bank by making these improvements, but would like to make some subtle enhancements that would improve on the stock features. I travel a long distance each time for work, so fuel mileage is HUGE for me, as well as my entertainment factor for those long rides.

Cheers and happy riding!!!
Old 09-09-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Small subtle performance upgrade suggestions

you will probably be happy with most aftermarket speakers and an amp to power them. ofcourse that means its a good idea to change the headunit too for easier hookup. crutchfield.com has alot of reviews for products. for performance some small mods like aem intake, denso iridium plugs, etc should help a bit without affecting gas mmileage.