8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Clutch pedal clicking/popping noise

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zsoltster is an unknown quantity at this point
Clutch pedal clicking/popping noise

I know there are dozens upon dozens of threads all over the internet about this issue - but it would be so nice to get a straight answer because I'm sure it's not a mystery problem... So my clutch pedal clicks, from time to time - sometimes it's one click going down, and one click coming up - sometimes it's like 3 clicks each way. Sometimes it's very quiet at others it's so loud that passengers ask me what is that noise. It's coming from the pedal, and I can feel it too. It's not a sensor kicking in, and it's not a normal sound. It's more like a pop and it doesn't feel good - it has no effect on the quality of the ride, and it's not coming from the "inside" of the car. Some say it just needs lube, some say it's a clutch master cylinder issue - many have stated that even after getting the cylinder replaced, the clicking returns, and many have also said that lubing it fixed it for them. All I have is my powertrain warranty, and I know it would not be covered. So, does anyone actually know what gives? Please let me know thanks!!
Old 05-04-2010
Registered!!

rocksinger45 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Clutch pedal clicking/popping noise

I too have notice a clicking on my clutch pedal my car is an 08 EXL 4 door and was wondering whats that about, so I'll be watching this tread for an answer.
Old 05-06-2010
Registered!!

Zsoltster is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Clutch pedal clicking/popping noise

..for example - drove about 700km yesterday - when I first got in the car in the morning, the clutch pedal was super loud - pressed it a few times, in and out, and then the popping/clicking just stopped - it was absolutely quiet. Then, as I am driving towards the highway, still in the city, I come to a red light, put in neutral (no sound), then the light hits green, press the pedal, and the popping/clicking is back full force. Does it a few times, then stops - and it's pretty much rinse and repeat from there. I am pretty much certain it's the pedal, when I get down there and listen closely, it really does sound like it's right there. I know a simple drive to the dealership might be an option - but the issue is that I don't want to be conned into paying for something which a) doesn't need fixing (the cylinder) and b) likely won't even fix the issue ... sorry for long post, but that noise drives me insane - it's very very annoying and feels even worse! Thanks!