8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

2010 Headlight Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010CivicDave is an unknown quantity at this point
2010 Headlight Questions

Hi everyone, I bought my 2010 civic EX this past december and am very happy with it so far.

I recently went on ebay and found these

Now, what I need to know is, if I install these myself, will it void anything in the warranty at all? Should I take them to the dealership and let them install them? And does anyone have an idea on how to DIY (like a service repair manual maybe?)

I think these are gonna look SWEET on my civic, and want to install them myself, but they dont come with any installation instructions. I imagine they are direct bolt ins so if anyone has any advice to offer I would really appreciate it.
Old 02-27-2010
Registered!!

rocksinger45 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2010 Headlight Questions

Probably not... as long as you don't screw up the car's electric system and cause a fire
Old 02-27-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by rocksinger45
Probably not... as long as you don't screw up the car's electric system and cause a fire
Well, since there are no installation instructions im hoping that the projector bulbs will be plug and play so to speak, as far as installing them (Im hoping that the new bulbs will utilize the factory connectors, and I wont have to splice anything). I dont think it will be to hard to replace the units themselves, but any advice I can get is helpful at this point.

UPDATE - After re-reading the auction, there is no mention of having to splice anything together, so im keeping my fingers crossed that the new bulbs will use the OEM connections. I already ordered the new headlights and will post pics as I go along to hopefully help anyone else who decides to attempt this once I receive them.

Last edited by 2010CivicDave; 02-27-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Old 02-27-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

those lights are usually plug and play, they hook right into the stock bulb connectors without any custom wiring and usually use the oem turn and park light socket too. so no it will not void warranty. the bumper needs to come off, then there are the usual several bolts holding the housing. unplug everything, match up the connectors to the new lights, and bolt it back in. make sure the aim is okay because usually you cannot adjust them once installed.

Last edited by gearbox; 02-27-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 02-27-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
those lights are usually plug and play, they hook right into the stock bulb connectors without any custom wiring and usually use the oem turn and park light socket too. so no it will not void warranty.
Cool, thanks guys for your input! This is my first new car, and dont want to screw up my warranty by doing the work myself.
Old 02-27-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
those lights are usually plug and play, they hook right into the stock bulb connectors without any custom wiring and usually use the oem turn and park light socket too. so no it will not void warranty. the bumper needs to come off, then there are the usual several bolts holding the housing. unplug everything, match up the connectors to the new lights, and bolt it back in. make sure the aim is okay because usually you cannot adjust them once installed.
So the bumper needs to come off huh? Wasnt expecting that, but I think I can get it done. Any idea where I can get a manual or something showing how to do this step by step? (As far as getting the bumper off?)
Old 02-27-2010
Registered!!

I found 1 person on ebay who says he has a repair manual, but he wants like 50 bucks for it, and I dont think I want to pay that much for it. So if anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it!
Old 02-27-2010
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

you may be able to have the dealer print you out a page showing the bumper removal. basically there is a screw in each fender holding the edge up, then a bunch of clips on the bottom and under the hood where the grill is. after all the clips are out, you pull off the bumper from the sides til it falls off (there are clips holding it to the fender and headlight. have a friend help you so you dont drop the bumper the first time. and put a blanket under it.
Old 03-02-2010
Registered!!

JadedRedDragon is an unknown quantity at this point

You could go to autozone or pepboys or any place you would buy parts for your car (i.e. brakes, rotors, air filters, oil, windshield wipers) and they should have a repair manual for your car or they could point you in the right direction. 8th gen civics are from 2006-2010 so I believe a repair manual for any of those years would help you.

P.S. those headlights look pretty sweet. If you can you should post up some pics before, during, and after the installation. I'm sure a lot of people would be interested.
Old 03-03-2010
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

I can help you with installing new headlights....I just finished retro on my headlights and now I can see...it's not hard but you need some right tools
Old 03-07-2010
Registered!!

Sorry for the late response, but thanks for the replies!

@ gearbox - thanks, that helps me out big time! Doesnt sound like too big a job. And there will definitley (sp) be a blanket underneath, thanks for that tip!

@ JadedRedDragon - Ive been workin 6 days a week 2nd shift, so I havent had the time to check the local auto parts places to see if they have a manual, but will today. I thought those lamps looked pretty sweet too, and ill post before and after pics for sure.

@ Devani - Thanks for the offer, if I run into any problems, Ill hit you up via PM.

Heres what ive bought and installed so far (via links to ebay, will post pics later today, im astrodaddy6969 on ebay in case anyone wants to see my feedback for this stuff).

Sunroof Visor
Trunk Tray Liner
Rain Guards
CD Visor Holder (it came monogrammed)

And here is the stuff I bought but havent received that will get installed later,

Painted Spoiler (My Civic is RallyeRed, but I ordered this in Nighthawk Black)
White LED License Plate Lights
LED Tail Lights
Cargo Net
Bug/Stone Deflector

Im going to take her and get her washed today, and clean the interior out so I can get some before pics up. Should have those up later today. Havent bought anything for the interior yet and wont be taking any pics (except for the CD holder, but dont think anyone wants to see pics of it), but after two months my dash is a bit dusty, thanks to the snow plows using sand mixed with salt out here in ohio. The snow is off the roads but the sand isnt.

(UPDATE)

Never got the chance to get pics, its been raining here way too much.

Last edited by 2010CivicDave; 03-14-2010 at 03:56 AM. Reason: updated
Old 03-07-2010
Registered!!

Ill post pics of the stuff already installed later today, so everyone can see how it looks before they buy if they feel the need to, the sellers I bought from shipped the stuff I already received fairly quickly and the quality is good. All in all I would buy from these sellers again. Everything went smoothly, and I got them in what I consider to be a good time from them.

Just my 2 cents on the stuff I bought from ebay.

Last edited by 2010CivicDave; 03-07-2010 at 02:55 AM.
Old 03-07-2010
Registered!!

Hmmmmm, I thought I had my own "garage space" on here but im having trouble figuring out how to access it? I thought I would upload my civic pictures that I have before I did anything to it, and add more pics as I went along.

Any ideas? Im a bit stumped.
Old 03-07-2010
Premium Member

you should be able to upload in the gallery, but if not try photobucket.com its free.
Old 03-14-2010
Registered!!

UPDATE

Hey everyone, I got some of the stuff I ordered off ebay today, and so far im really happy with the quality of the stuff I got so far. My biggest shock was getting my new spoiler in today, and WOW the quality of the paint job and of the spoiler itself really exceeded my expectations! There were a couple of fisheyes, but they were on the bottom were no one will ever see them so no biggie. Other than that this thing looks fantastic.

I also got the bug/stone deflector in and installed it and love how it looks on my civic. I also got my LED license plate bulbs but havent installed them yet as its been raining too much.

And on another note, a friend of mine from work wants me to help him learn to get on the net, and in trade he will help me install my headlights and spoiler so hopefully I can get him set up, and he can help me get set up. I figure if I throw a case of bud heavy in, we will get stuff done.

I havent got my tail lights in yet, so I cant report on those yet.

Im still undecided on installing the cargo net, not sure if I need it.

I wanted to post up some pics, but its been raining alot here in the last few days. If it breaks tomorrow for a bit, ill get some.
Old 03-14-2010
Registered!!

Heres a pic of my spoiler....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...Spoiler001.jpg
Old 03-31-2010
Registered!!

JadedRedDragon is an unknown quantity at this point

I am thinking about getting the FD2 Type R spoiler. But I'm going to get a chrome exhaust tip first.