8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Turanzas GONE !

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
johng35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Turanzas GONE !

I replaced the OEM Turnazas on my 2007 EX coupe , with Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS and the grip in the rain is head and shoulders .
I was not impressed with the factory tire from day one- rain was always a bit squirrely to drive in and I would highly recommend the Bridgestone Pole Positions. I paid a bit more for them , and there may be a better rated tire , but so far 3 days of rain convinced me that it was money well spent.
Toss the all season touring tire when you can.

By the way, the Potenzas so far seem to be just as quiet and have a 40,000 mile rating .
Old 01-25-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Turanzas GONE !

yeah ive heard good things about the pole positions. i may try them next. they will get even better after 1-2k miles of breakin.
Old 01-26-2010
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

good to hear from someone from my area....hopefully the snow traction is as good as the wet one
Old 02-19-2010
Registered!!

raducu is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't liked the original EL400 either. My wheels where spinning when trying to start with more verve.
Got a set of Michelin Primacy MXV4 - OK tires but the mpg suffered.
Switched to the new Bridgestone Ecopia EP100 (low rolling resisting tires) WHAT a difference ! It feels that I'm floating over the road and I can feel that the car moves easier... it's a strage feeling. But it's a nice change in comfort, noise level and I hope mpg.Haven't tested the mpg gain yet but I'll follow up on that.

Update:
After 5-6 month of testing the new Ecopias are super efficient (read more MPGs) on the highway.
Normaly I got 40 MPG with both my Civics (04 and 07) on the highway (I drive like grandma aka slow acceleration, obey speed limit and slowly brake)
With the Bridgestone Ecopia EP100 I averaged 43 and sometimes 44 MPG on the highway. 3-4 extra miles are great, just by changing the tires. I like them a LOT.
The only problem is they are summer tires only (luckily I live in suddern Virginia)

Last edited by raducu; 08-05-2010 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Update
Old 03-16-2010
Registered!!

sdeberry is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought an '06 about a month ago and the Turanza's were toast. Needed new tires immediately. I put on Dunlop Signatures. Not horribly expensive, but the grip in the rain and snow is awesome. I've had the same tires on my Pontiac G6 for about 9 months and loved them, thats why I decided to put them on the Civic. They've been great in all weather and on both vehicles