8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Are these mods. worth it on a stock car?

Old 12-09-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mf150 is an unknown quantity at this point
Are these mods. worth it on a stock car?

my car: 2008 Civic EX Coupe (Auto)

Do you think these mods will benefit the handling on a stock car?

1) Carbing strut tower brace

2) Eibach sway bar kit

3) Skunk2 rear lower tie bar/brace

I am mostly concerned with rolling. I don't want to lower my car or mess with the geometry at all.

thanks for helping a noob.
Old 12-09-2009
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Are these mods. worth it on a stock car?

depends on what you mean by handling on a stock car....when I test drove the LX and SI, I knew it the first 10 seconds driving it...SI gave me the ride QUALITY that I was looking for....(firmness, handling, and road manner)

other people find the ride firm and it depends on the person....you might
be looking for the ride with new shocks on them or any combination of the 1, 2, 3 that you have listed...
Old 12-09-2009
Registered!!

Devani-

Thanks for your reply. Being anoob, I appreciate your insight.

I guess what I am most concerned with is the side-to-side slop in the EX coupe's suspension.

I was wondering if the sway bars, strut tower brace, and skunk2 rear lower tie bar woul dtake care of the lateral movement.

I don't feel comfortable using camber bolts, instead of plates (no-one makes any plates for the non-si models). Hence, I don't want to lower my car.

The stock shocks only have 3000 miles on them, so I do not want to replace them anytime soon.

So, any suggestions on how to make higher speed turns more comfortable without lowering (springs, coilovers, or new shocks/struts).

Also, is the Megan H-bar any good for reinforcing the chassis?

thanks!!!!!
Old 12-09-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

bigger rear sway bar, smaller front sway bar, get a one piece front upper strut bar. and some sticky tires, that makes the most difference. no amount of mods will save a crappy set of tires.
Old 12-10-2009
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

to save money, alot of people use SI rear sway bar and call it a day...see post #5.
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/suspe...-sway-bar.html
or check other deals
there are alot of people upgrading from SI sway bars....so you won't have any problem finding one in your area....
Old 12-10-2009
Registered!!

Looks like a larger rear sway bar is the key...(looked underneath the car for the first time, and it looks nothing like my 03 Mustang GT!!!)-- can anyone tell me where the rear sway bar is located...LMAO

Smaller front sway bar is also a bonus...

I couldn't find any one-piece strut tower bars...they all seem to have hinges...can anyone advise?

How is the brand Carbing for strut bars?

Here is the ultimate goal:

I'd like to strengthen the chassis and correct for as much rolling/twisting around turns without lowering or replacing struts/shocks. Phase 2 will be the lowering springs and shocks/struts.

So far:

Carbing strut tower brace

Eibach sway bars (kit)

Skunk 2 tie rod brace.

...maybe a Megan H-brace???
Old 12-10-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

neuspeed front upper strut bar is one piece. i woudnt even bother with any two/three piece designs, its like nothing.

heres the rear sway bar (the bar that goes across the rear chassis)

Old 12-11-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
neuspeed front upper strut bar is one piece. i woudnt even bother with any two/three piece designs, its like nothing.

heres the rear sway bar (the bar that goes across the rear chassis)

Ah, thanks for the picture. Looks like I have a pharing (some kinda plastic cover) over my gas tank and part of the rear suspension. I assume the sway bar is placed almost identically to yours (underneath the cover).

Okay, so the neuspeed is a good product...

what do you think of the Eibach sway bars (are there any other brands)?

Are there any websites for civics that you all use/suggest?

Thanks for putting up with my questions.
Old 12-11-2009
Premium Member

im not sure on the eibach sway bars, what are the specs? like mm sizes. most stock rear sway bars are around 13-15 mm, the rsx/ep3 bar im using is 19mm. usually increasing the rear bar makes the car oversteer more, same as reducing the front sway bar. older civics 01-02 came with 22-25mm front bars, newer 03-05 came with 15mm i think. im trying to switch to the smaller front bar if i can find one.
Old 12-12-2009
Registered!!

looks like 32mm front and 19mm rear for the 2008 EI coupe
Old 12-13-2009
Premium Member

32 front? i hope thats a typo. youre gonna have understeer like crazy with that big of a front bar, not to mention it prolly weighs a ton. the rear sounds fine. for the front, keep it stock or go smaller.