8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Considering a 2006 Civic EX 4dr

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bookemdanno is an unknown quantity at this point
Considering a 2006 Civic EX 4dr

Hi Folks,

I am new to the forum and this is my first post. If I am placing it in the wrong area, I apologize.

I am considering purchasing a 2006 Civic EX 4dr, with manual transaxle and NAVI. I have yet to see the car, but am told that it is in good shape with no problems or issues. It has about 25,400 miles on it. The asking price (from a dealer) is $14,995.

I would like to get members' opinions regarding this price, and also ask what I should try to whittle it down to during negotiations. Any info, or relevant recent pricing information for similar vehicles is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan
Old 09-23-2009
Registered!!

rocksinger45 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Considering a 2006 Civic EX 4dr

Hi Bookemdanno

I own a 4 door EXL 08 with 21.000 miles on it with no problems so far My milage is great and I really like it. Tell me what you need to know and I'll give you an answer. This is my 5th Civic.
Old 09-23-2009
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

price can come down more....new car was only 4-5000 more when it was new 4years ago....as long as there's no problems with the car, and no history of accident, you should be fine....i would like to see the price in the $13000 range
Old 09-23-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah price is a bit high for a 4 yr old car. be sure you test drive it too and see if its comfortable for you.
Old 09-29-2009
Registered!!

We bought the car on Saturday, and I have been using it since.

I didn't get the price down as low as the suggestions, but we were able to get them down about as low as I think they were going to go, and I am OK with what we paid. Did we get a great deal? I think not. Did we get a good or decent deal? I think we did.

I have been enjoying the car. It is a real change of pace compared to the 2001 Mazda MPV we still have, and the 1985 (24 years old!) Camry LE automatic that we unloaded the same day we bought the Civic.

Now that I am officially an owner, does anyone have any advice for me regarding the car? Also, what sort of real world MPG are folks with similar cars getting on the highway? I am interested to see what I get from my first couple of tank fulls.
Old 09-29-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

it will be a fun car. you should also check around 8thcivic.com and sign up there, they do only 06+ civics there.
Old 09-30-2009
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

Check out that site that gear is suggesting, I am also a member there....but to answer your question, you should have no problem getting 35mpg+ on your civic....on my 09 SI, I am getting 32mpg....
Old 10-02-2009
Registered!!

Thanks for the tip. I'll check out 8thcivic.com