8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Hey brand new 2009 Civic owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aznman007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey brand new 2009 Civic owner

Hey guys, I just got a 2009 auto white 4dr LX through the cash for clunkers program tonight.

What I traded in for the Civic was my 1990 Acura Legend/my first car I got in 2003.

I drove it for 2 years before getting a stick shift version of the same car. Since then my dad has driven the auto Legend. It was on it's last leg, and it was time for a new car. We had wanted a manual Civic but we were a bit too late since the last two manuals in the surrounding 5 states were sold off. No choice but to get a automatic.

The Legend was still in my name so I had to be the one to sign off on the new car. After 5 hours of being stuck in the dealership because there was only one person who could do the paper work, at 8:35 pm I was handed the keys.
I'll post pics when they send me the photos.

The new car is in my name because of how the cash4clunkers program works. I'm not going to be the primary driver but I am excited to find out all the quirks of this car with ya'll.
Old 08-20-2009
Registered!!

rocksinger45 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Hey brand new 2009 Civic owner

I'm interested, how much did you pay and how much did the Gov. give you with the CFC program
Old 08-20-2009
Registered!!

Aznman007 is an unknown quantity at this point

4500 instant rebate.
Old 08-20-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

wow thats pretty cool deal you got.
Old 08-20-2009
Registered!!

Awjvail is an unknown quantity at this point

Your poor Acura is headed for the big junkyard in the sky
Old 08-20-2009
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

welcome....enjoy your new car...

everyone who used CARS to buy a new car paid MSRP on them...I would be interested in finding out what you paid...
Old 08-20-2009
Registered!!

Did you have to sign some kind of waiver just in case the Gov doesn't reimburse the dealer. The reason I ask is because I thought that some dealers might be luring people into deals that they know they won't get paid back for and sticking the customer with the unpaid money owed.
Old 08-20-2009
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

that practice is illegal...
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...s-dealers.aspx

don't sign any papers like that mentioned in here.
Old 08-20-2009
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Our local dealer only has 2 09 LX models left and that is it. The one 45 miles away only shows 4 DX-VPs. Going to be a while before the Civic 2010 models will be arriving.

I would like to get an 2010 next year... Just not sure at this point which way to go. May hold out but would like to get a 2010 (last of the generation, get ALL those issues worked out 1st)

Not sure about the C4C as a tax payer owning a vehicle with over 18mpg combined. Nobody offering me huge incentives to buy. Even the tax amount sucks !
Old 08-20-2009
Registered!!

Yeah it's illegal but that never stopped no one. C4C end Monday @ 8:00 p.m. good luck to anybody going for it.
Old 08-20-2009
Registered!!

whitemike022 is an unknown quantity at this point

I traded in my 98 jeep wrangler sport 4x4 (c4c deal) for a 09 civic coupe ex for 15400 out the door. I've had it for almost 3 weeks and like it so far. The cons so far is that sometimes it shifts hard into 2nd (its an automatic), tonight it took like 3sec for the car to finally start, and I can't reprogram the passenger door to unlock when going into park but otherwise the car is fine.
Old 08-21-2009
Registered!!

that's in the manual....I also have mine 09 SI and my wife's 08 CR-V programmed so that all doors unlock....
Old 08-22-2009
Registered!!

Buzz Off is an unknown quantity at this point

Last week, I traded in my 1985 Dodge Caravan SE under the Clunkers program and got a $4500 credit towards a 2009 Civic LX with automatic transmission. I'm real happy with it so far. Darn thing is so quiet that I thought the engine had died at a stoplight the first day I drove it, LOL.
Old 08-22-2009
Registered!!

Awjvail is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Buzz Off
Last week, I traded in my 1985 Dodge Caravan SE under the Clunkers program and got a $4500 credit towards a 2009 Civic LX with automatic transmission. I'm real happy with it so far. Darn thing is so quiet that I thought the engine had died at a stoplight the first day I drove it, LOL.
$4500 for a 25 year old Dodge mini van. Holy crapola.

Bluebook value of an 89 (oldest year it goes back to) is only worth around $625 in good condition private party and around $200 trade in, so it looks like you made a good deal!

http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Pric...uizConditions=

My parents have got a 97 Plymouth Voyager with 60k miles on it sitting in the driveway waiting for somebody to take it away... I wish the Canadian government would do something like this... their 00 Accord is getting to that age where things start to fall apart and it'd be nice to get a second car. I want them to get a Civic but my mother has been eying the Ridgeline...

Last edited by Awjvail; 08-22-2009 at 12:59 AM.
Old 08-22-2009
Registered!!

Buzz Off is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Awjvail
$4500 for a 25 year old Dodge mini van. Holy crapola.

Bluebook value of an 89 (oldest year it goes back to) is only worth around $625 in good condition private party and around $200 trade in, so it looks like you made a good deal!
Yeah, my Caravan was worth less than $200. 1985s were also the oldest clunkers that could be traded in. Before the program began, I was going to buy a new vehicle anyway. When I first heard about the program, I thought that it was too good to be true. But after a quick bit of research, I realized that I had lucked out bigtime. Then the money ran out and I was mad because I thought that I had lost out. So as soon as Congress threw more money into the program, I drove like a bat out of hell over to my credit union to talk to the agent for the Autoland car buying service. It took him a whole day but he finally found a Civic LX at a dealership about 60 miles away that met my specifications. It was the last one in stock. So I ended up getting a great deal and making out like a bandit.
Old 08-22-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

haha thats awesome. im glad alot of old cars got taken off the road too. some of them are really unsafe to be driving.
Old 08-22-2009
Registered!!

It's not the car that worry me although granted some are not road worthy ...it's the drivers that think they know how to drive and have never gone to a driving class.