8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Help Buying a New Civic

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C-Web is an unknown quantity at this point
Help Buying a New Civic

Hi all!

I’m new to the forum and Hondas in general. This “cash for clunkers” program has FINALLY given me an excuse to trade in my beater for a new car, and I’d really like a new Civic.

Like most people in the market for a new car, I’m worried about paying too much, since I know that people almost never pay sticker price. I tried searching without success, but does anyone know if there is a thread containing the prices that people actually paid for 2009 Civics? If not, I’d appreciate if anyone would be willing to share their own information with me.
These are the two cars that I’m interested in:

Black 2009 Civic Sedan LX-S (Manual Transmission), MSRP: ~ $18800
Red 2009 Civic Coupe EX (Manual Transmission), MSRP: ~20000

Both of these cars have about $1000 of the typical dealership installed stuff that isn’t included in that price (mostly anti theft add-ons, I believe)…
Could anyone give me some idea of what a fair price to pay for either of these cars would be (not including TTL)?

Thanks!!!

Chris
Old 07-22-2009
Registered!!

C-Web is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Help Buying a New Civic

Just found a 78 page thread with what I needed....
Old 07-23-2009
Registered!!

Joseph Fihn is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Help Buying a New Civic

I just bought an '09 Civic EX, Auto. & the price, tax, license, delivered was $20.500. Taxes & license are expensive here in AZ. I could have probably done better but, they had exactly what I wanted & the other dealers didn't or had cars with wings & other stuff that I did not want. The wing was about $750 & they were going to include it for free.

Be careful not to get stuff that you do not want. The dealers load these cars up with all kinds of protection packages that are expensive. Tell them that you are not the least bit interested in that stuff & wouldn't pay a dime extra, for them. Most likely, they will throw the stuff in for free to make the sale.

At the end of the haggling, I asked them if they would throw in a dash cover & the trunk protector. They did. I should have asked them for the mudguards. I ended up buying the factory ones on e-bay for a lot less than my dealer. Got them from a dealer, back east in NY.

After finalizing the deal, you meet with a financing person that tries to sell you every bell & whistle they can think of. Some of it is good, I think. In fact, I decided to buy the extra warranty & vehicle protection system. That was above the 20,500. I intend to keep this car so, I decided on these extras.

Good luck with your purchase. I absolutely love my Civic. It does everything I expected & more. It's fun to drive & gets great mileage. Seems to be very well built, also.

Joe F.