8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Anyone with an 8th Si wanna do me a solid?

Old 05-09-2009
^Warranty voider

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Running Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of light
Talking Anyone with an 8th Si wanna do me a solid?

Okidokie so I have a 00 Si. Tired of my exhaust. I hate it quite frankly hit the gas and it sounds like a pissed off cat corralled in a corner. So my gf just purchased a new Si and the exhaust is sex . Its the exact sound I want for my old and decrepit em1.

I did the research and looked around on majestic honda and did some eyeballing and tape measuring on the gfs car (much to her irritation she thinks im trying to sneak parts on there) and I'm getting ready to build my own and from what ive seen the midpipe is approx 2.24" (57mm) at the catalytic converter and then 1.99~ (50mm) at the end of the resonator and then ~2.5 inches (60.mm) at the beginning of the muffler.

I had a couple questions
1. Is the pre muffler (8 on diagram) muffler straight through or chambered like the magnaflow xl?
2. Is the entire midpipe 2.25" until after it leaves the resonator? So does it continue to be 2.25 until at that flange were its 2.0"?

Thats all the ones I had for now. I'm planning on using my DC header and a resonated test pipe (good quality one) with a 2.25 midpipe and an 06-09 Si muffler. I know other people have tried this and I took a stab at it once before but i used a 2.5" pipe before and it sounded like bahoojo. Yes, I said bahoojo. Any advice helps. Thanks

Last edited by Running Riot; 05-09-2009 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Spell check ftw
Old 05-09-2009
^Warranty voider

Running Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Anyone with an 8th Si wanna do me a solid?

I.D.s would be more helpful....
Old 05-15-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
amd4me is an unknown quantity at this point

I added you to my buddy list on AIM. Hit me up when you are free and I will do my best to answer your questions. And or take measurement.
Old 05-15-2009
^Warranty voider

thanks man i appreciate it ill be on tonight
Old 05-18-2009
^Warranty voider

looks like ill be replying to my own post. i hate it when i do that ****.

i bought a complete oem si exhaust system including the header mid pipe resonator cat muffler all the ****. ill make measurements and all that and post them up.
Old 05-19-2009
Registered!!

lilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond repute

why dont you just go measure your girls car. its rite there for ya. i think i actually have one of those mid pipes laying around.
Old 05-19-2009
^Warranty voider

Originally Posted by lilmidget08
why dont you just go measure your girls car. its rite there for ya. i think i actually have one of those mid pipes laying around.
i tried that actually. funny story. She came outside and found me laying under the car with tape measure and tool. I **** you not she got in the car and put it in gear as if to drive off. Burnt the **** out of my arm too cuz she had just driven the thing (i was wearing nomex mechanix gloves before you ask how i handled the pipe) and she told me if she found out i went under her car again she'd run me over. She's country too () so i'm not going to test her conviction. Anyways long story short, its not a viable option.
Old 05-19-2009
Registered!!

DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light

put the car up on jackstands or take 2 tires off. od disable the engine by unpluging the fuel injectors, starter, or coilpacks.

say" i'm just taking mesurments bitch! no need to get all PMS on my ***!" LOL
Old 05-19-2009
^Warranty voider

Originally Posted by DieMaster
put the car up on jackstands or take 2 tires off. od disable the engine by unpluging the fuel injectors, starter, or coilpacks.

say" i'm just taking mesurments bitch! no need to get all PMS on my ***!" LOL
haha she'd laurena bobbet my ***! I tell you man them cuntry girls are to say the least