8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

09 Civic Hybrid prices, what are people paying?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sixersfan64 is an unknown quantity at this point
09 Civic Hybrid prices, what are people paying?

Hey I'm just wondering if anyone has bought a New 09' Civic Hybrid and if so how much did you pay?
Old 04-11-2009
Registered!!

rocksinger45 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 09 Civic Hybrid prices, what are people paying?

What you need to do is play one dealer against another... thats how you get the best deal.
Old 04-11-2009
Registered!!

yea but im looking for a specific color. i mean i could lie and say the other dealer will give it to me for cheaper but then that dealer might call my bluff. Also with this post i was just trying to see what the general price range of civic hybrids are for 09' models.
Old 04-11-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

im wondering why people even buy newer civic hybrids. the gas mileage is rated 45mpg on the highway. most gasoline civics that are 10+yrs old get at least 40mpg or more. (my 2002 civic gets 42mpg, older HX civics get 45-50 and are regular gasoline). youre gonna have all sorts of problems with the hybrids down the road, and have fun getting raped at the dealership cause no other shops know how to work on em.
Old 04-11-2009
Registered!!

gearbox, ur 2002 civic gets 42mpg on the HIGHWAY.No way does it get 42mpg in the city. plus the newer civics = safer civics besides even if hybrids are rated 45MPG on the highway doesn't mean they only get 45MPG, they can get higher than that. Its how the person drives. the older HX gets 45? even if it does, thats only on the highway. Plus its weight is a lot less than cars today, im not gonna get into a debate as to why hybrids are better than any old civic. why can't you just leave it alone. and just answer the question

Last edited by sixersfan64; 04-11-2009 at 08:06 PM.
Old 04-11-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

many 06+ civic hybrid owners i know get 26mpg in the city, same as older non hybrid civics do. in fact the first hybrids made in 03 got better mileage than the new versions. just letting you know from what ive seen first hand. so when you get one and come back to post why the mileage is lousy, at least you know why.
Old 04-11-2009
Premium Member

not sure why you dont go with a prius if you want better mileage (50+ mpg). anyway heres a good site for prices people paid for different models.

http://www.realcartips.com/
Old 04-11-2009
Registered!!

I don't wanta go with a prius cause in my opinion those are incredibly ugly. alright we'll see what happens, maybe I will post back with 26mpg in the city, but maybe i'll come back and post 40+mpg in the city, well see what happens.. btw they might be getting such bad mileage cause maybe their driving it like a race car, (just slamming the accelerator whenever they get the chance)

Last edited by sixersfan64; 04-11-2009 at 09:00 PM.
Old 04-11-2009
Registered!!

rocksinger45 is an unknown quantity at this point

All the dealers are hard up to make a sale, go near the end of the month , I bought my 08 EXL Civic and paid $500 under invoice a little over a year ago. Just remember know what you want and don't change your mind. I can't blame you I test drove a Prius and hated it it felt like a toy compared to a Civic. One more thing if you feel your not getting any where do what I did and say to the sale person "check this out this money $$$$ walking out your front door and going to another dealer" that gets there attention FAST.
Old 04-12-2009
Registered!!

hmm well anyone else? any prices?? lets hear it
Old 04-13-2009
Premium Member

well $24k is msrp so you should expect to pay 22-23k normally.
Old 04-22-2009
Registered!!

JerryEV is an unknown quantity at this point

Prices I don't know, mpg I do. I own a Prius, my friend owns a Civic hybrid, he consistently gets better mpg than me and we're both using the same driving techniques. His average for six months now is 62 mpg each tank! I got 61 mpg for one tank, usually average 50-54.
Old 04-24-2009
Registered!!

Pimento is an unknown quantity at this point

Ill dispell a little bit about honda pricing, as i work in a dealership and have first hand experience. Mind you i work in Canada so out Honda dealers are not hurting for cash.

All Honda and toyota products since 2004 (roughly) went to an integrated pricing system. This was meant to create equality in pricing between customers (no more "oh i paid 2000 more than you did!!"). So essentially the sticker price on the vehicle has only about $500 to move (the cost of having command start installed).

Mind you right now Honda does have a really good financing plan as well as rebates and $1000 off if you do currently own a honda.