8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

06 coupe mirror replacement and paint match

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
twarrenl is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow 06 coupe mirror replacement and paint match

After parking my 06 Civic in a safe neighborhood overnight so I could take the metro in the city, I was saddened to arrive back to my passenger side mirror shattered and dangling from the door.

I've found cheap replacements on ebay, however none of them offer paint matching. Do any of you know of an after market site that sells the mirror and an accompanied paint match service, or am I going to have to bounce this part around town?
Old 03-27-2009
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 06 coupe mirror replacement and paint match

I would just price a new oem mirror. By the time & hassle you pay to get it painted it would be the same cost and a better quality mirror.

The price list shows a Japanese built (we should be so lucky) mirror and a US/Canada. The cheaper on list for approx $85 and is already painted. You can get a better $ online but will pay shipping.
Old 03-27-2009
Registered!!

twarrenl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CraigW
I would just price a new oem mirror. By the time & hassle you pay to get it painted it would be the same cost and a better quality mirror.

The price list shows a Japanese built (we should be so lucky) mirror and a US/Canada. The cheaper on list for approx $85 and is already painted. You can get a better $ online but will pay shipping.
would you mind linking me to those mirrors, id greatly appreciate it : )
Old 03-27-2009

CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Check hondaautomotiveparts.com and see what there price is... and try to get your dealer to match it.

Edit: Wow missed the mark on that price (not sure if you had 2 or 4 door) They do have some parts available if yours can be fixed but the parts cost will add up quickly.

Anyway... they would come painted and ready to mount.

Last edited by CraigW; 03-27-2009 at 12:14 PM.
Old 03-27-2009

Also try car-part.com for a used one.
Old 03-29-2009
Registered!!

johng35 is an unknown quantity at this point

My passenger side on my 07 coupe was knocked off- the housing part inside was plastic so it sheared off easily- limits the damage to parts tht would be more expensive to replace.

I went to the Honda owner's links store on line, and bought one shipped to my home for about 80$ total ... took 20 minutes to change. Came painted ( need the color cold to order) with the motor, and wiring harness, and foam gasket. Save the 3 nuts off the old assembly

3 screws with nut driver(8 mm ??), and a simple plug was the extent of the install.

The coupe is easy- the sedan reqires much more work.
The color code can be found on the drivers side door FYI.
Old 03-29-2009
Registered!!

lilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond repute

just go with oem mirror guarnteed to match the paint color.
Old 10-13-2009
Registered!!

poizun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by johng35
My passenger side on my 07 coupe was knocked off- the housing part inside was plastic so it sheared off easily- limits the damage to parts tht would be more expensive to replace.

I went to the Honda owner's links store on line, and bought one shipped to my home for about 80$ total ... took 20 minutes to change. Came painted ( need the color cold to order) with the motor, and wiring harness, and foam gasket. Save the 3 nuts off the old assembly

3 screws with nut driver(8 mm ??), and a simple plug was the extent of the install.

The coupe is easy- the sedan reqires much more work.
The color code can be found on the drivers side door FYI.
Forgive me for being a noob (and also resurrecting an old thread), but was there an instructional site or guide that you were following when you replaced yours?

I'm in the same situation right now, and I have a nice color matched mirror, but not a whole lot of experience with car repairs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

-- Dan
Old 10-17-2009
Registered!!

Not really.... but since the mirror was hanging off, i got a look at what was involved. It was very simialr to my old mustang , so I just started to remove things and see what held what.
Inside the little plastic cover pops off ( pry off with a little force ) you will see the nuts. Just loosten them, and unplug the motor asssembly.
Keep track of what you do, and the install is the reverse.
I did since get the 2 service manuals, and I can scan in the directions if they have them.
I will see if I can post or attach them- I doubt Honda will sue me for this.
;-)
Old 10-27-2009
Registered!!

Hope this works...Click image for larger version

Name:	Coupemirror.jpg
Views:	761
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	77488