8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

wiper blade question

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wagoneer is an unknown quantity at this point
wiper blade question

My girlfriend's mom has a 8th civic, 2006. She asked me to buy wiper blades for it since I'm the car guy in the family. She has problems with ice build up with the stock ones, skipping, and the blades seem to smear. I know a lot of people love the OEM blades, but she's had nothing but problems with them.

I bought some Michelin radius blades for her since I've had really good success with them on my Volvo. They're great in the summer and especially good in the winter. But my question is, the book says 26" and 22" for wiper sizes, is this true? I've heard some people use 22" for both. I went with the book and got 26" and 22". Just want to make sure I won't run into any problems when I put them on over the holidays. I can't, for the life of me, find any reliable source to tell me exact blade sizes. All the ones I've found have been conflicting.

Any tricks to installing these quickly? It's below freezing here, I'd like to get the job done as quickly as possible.

TIA
Old 12-19-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: wiper blade question

to be honest, the size doesnt matter so long as they fit the window and dont hit the sides or each other when wiping. some people get longer ones, i actually went with shorter on my car cause the windshield has a big curve and part of the blade sticks up and looks weird if i get the longer ones. installing them on 2006 is a bit of a pain, some people werent able to do it. i would check the manual if you still have it.
Old 12-23-2008
Registered!!

jmoux088 is an unknown quantity at this point

my new station did a report on windshield wiper blades and confirmed through extensive tests that for the price of the good expensive ones, the cheapest ones are the best because of the amount of times u have to replace them in a year and etc. but i personally love the OEM ones but since winter has come around i must say there not holding up and we havent even had 3 inches of snow yet and there skipping in the middle for some odd reason
Old 01-12-2009
Registered!!

Azurelimits is an unknown quantity at this point

I actually have an '06 Civic EX and really like the stock wipers. My driverside wiper was skipping so I decided to replace it. Once I took them off I noticed the actual rubber in the blade was cracked and causing the skipping. Just went to the dealer and got the replacement inserts for both costing under $15. I would say that you should try replacing the rubber inserts before anything else.