8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

8th Generation Civics In Snow

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
krazymatt is an unknown quantity at this point
8th Generation Civics In Snow

I got my 07 Civic EX Auto Coupe in May so I don't have any experience with it in snow. How do they do? I know those tires don't appear to be the best in snow as they are kinda wide. I had thought of looking for a set of LX wheels to have some narrower winter tires, but when I researched it I found out that they have the same tire except for a different wheel. What's everyone's experience with our Civics in snow? Here in NM we don't get a whole lot like in Minnesota or New England, but because we are at high elevation we do have to deal with some snow. Thanks.
Old 01-14-2009
Registered!!

DC2007CivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 8th Generation Civics In Snow

My experience? The OEM tires are awful in the snow. I got stuck in a parking lot with MAYBE a 6% uphill incline. Granted there was 6" of snow on the ground, but still. IMO putting snow cables on the tires is impossible unless you remove the wheel from the car. Not enough clearance to get my hand behind the tire.
Old 01-14-2009
Registered!!

rednek is an unknown quantity at this point

Not too shabby at all

...with snows
Old 02-16-2009
Registered!!

regor is an unknown quantity at this point

I work as a Park Ranger in the local California mtns (I commute from 500’ above sea level, to 4500’). I have the stock tires on it, pumped up to 40psi and when there is snow or ice on the road, I take it SLOW, and that is the biggest thing to remember-Take it slow and turn off the radio so your attention is fully on the road. Give lots of room to the vehicle in front of you, so if they start to slide, you got room. Try to keep moving because if you stop, you will probably lose traction. Also, know how to put snow chains (Cables for our cars) on and practice.

BTW, I do know something about driving in bad conditions. Prior to this job, I was employed as a School Bus Driver for San Diego Unified School District. We have a 6th grade camp in our local mountains and the kids go, pretty much, year round. My position had me driving camp all of the time. I quickly learned how to drive in bad weather and how to put snow chains on.