8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

8th Generation Civics In Snow

Old 09-17-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
krazymatt is an unknown quantity at this point
8th Generation Civics In Snow

I got my 07 Civic EX Auto Coupe in May so I don't have any experience with it in snow. How do they do? I know those tires don't appear to be the best in snow as they are kinda wide. I had thought of looking for a set of LX wheels to have some narrower winter tires, but when I researched it I found out that they have the same tire except for a different wheel. What's everyone's experience with our Civics in snow? Here in NM we don't get a whole lot like in Minnesota or New England, but because we are at high elevation we do have to deal with some snow. Thanks.
Old 09-17-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 8th Generation Civics In Snow

it really depends on the tire.
Old 09-18-2008
Registered!!

FGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to all

i had the 06 Civic and with the stock all seasons honda puts on em with no real problems. I live in a city with alot of hills and for the most part wasnt bad at all. Sometime i tried to intentionally throw the car around in the snow and still had no problems with it. But yea....as mentioned, with real good winters that car should be like gold in snow!
Old 09-18-2008
Registered!!

krazymatt is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: 8th Generation Civics In Snow

Any recommendations for good winter tires?

I used to run Michelin MXV4's on a a 2000 Accord I used to have and they did good. The Bridgestone Turanzas actually have more gap between the threads than the Michelins did so they should be slightly better in snow. It seems like most front wheel drives do pretty decent in the snow. The only weakness is when you have to start from a dead stop up a steep hill. Thanks.
Old 09-18-2008
Registered!!

Oh1CivicRev is an unknown quantity at this point

The stock all seasons should perform just fine, unless you are really wanting an aftermarket tire. I used to live in Iowa and never had any problems driving in the snow on my stock tires.
Old 01-07-2009
Registered!!

Johnny Galan is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in KC and my stock tires were amazing in the snow also i love my 09 Ex's handling when cornering and turning in the snow. No problems on my part.
Old 01-07-2009
Registered!!

plastics is an unknown quantity at this point

In my humble experience only:

I think the Civic Sedan EX comes with Goodyear RS-A all seasons tires and they are really good in the snow.

The Civic Coupe EX comes with Bridgestone EL400 all seasons tires and they are kind of crappy in the snow.

The LX models comes with Dunlops all seasons and they are not that good in the snow.

Plastics