8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

K & M Cold Air Intake Kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rocksinger is an unknown quantity at this point
K & M Cold Air Intake Kit

Hey Peep's,
I have a 2008 Civic 4 door EXL ... my ? is a friend of mine tells me I need a K & M Cold Air intake is it worth the money anybody have one and what is your experience with it.

Thanks

RS45
Old 08-02-2008
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: K & M Cold Air Intake Kit

Mralbino wants to turn this thread into an argument about punctuation. I am not one for pointless arguments, therefore I shall remove my posts.

Last edited by manahoonie; 08-02-2008 at 11:38 PM.
Old 08-02-2008
Registered!!

rednwhite04 will become famous soon enough

heck yea, mah K&M gained me 50 ponies. That sumbuck was worth every penny.

LOL, sorry I had to do it. A cold air intake is a cold air intake is a cold air intake I really don't think any one cold air intake will give more power than another unless it's ****ed up. Just make sure the filter you put on it is a good one. Check e-bay, or maybe even the classifieds on here. AEM is quite popular and is relatively cheap too.
Old 08-02-2008
Registered!!

Mralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by manahoonie
(TRY SOME PUNCTUATION)

Here's what his post really says:

Hello People,
I have a 2008 Civic sedan EX-L. My question is this... A friend of mine told me that a K&N cold air intake would be worthwhile putting on my car. Does anyone have one already on their car? What are your experiences with it?

Thank you,

RS45

If you're going to correct someone's grammar, at least do it right.
Old 08-02-2008
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

Mralbino wants to turn this thread into an argument about punctuation. I am not one for pointless arguments, therefore I shall remove my posts.

Last edited by manahoonie; 08-02-2008 at 11:38 PM.
Old 08-02-2008
Registered!!

Mralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to behold

Maybe you should check out the library then... Barney wouldn't mind tagging along and singing you an educational song either.
Old 08-03-2008
Registered!!

Gee Peep's....
Thanks for nothing, I was hoping for some help in trying to better my car instead I got a schoolmarm. Cool !!!!!
Old 08-03-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

K&N makes good intakes but their filters suck. but you could always get an aem dryflow paper filter to use if you want the brand name. or just go with aem intake. not much of a performance difference. get the short one not cold air that way you dont worry about sucking water in and blowing the motor.
Old 08-03-2008
Registered!!

leftovers1080 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey I got an AEM cold air intake. It sounds really good especially in the higher RPM's, it has a dryflow filter which means i basically wont have to buy another filter untill the material starts to wear out. For the most part all u have to do is clean it with there solution they sell. For the installation it was kind of a pain mostly because we didnt have a lift and i didnt want to take off the bottom plastic protection piece. It took about 3 hours, but worth it. Gives the car a little edge to it.
Old 08-04-2008
Registered!!

Could you send me the link for this product.
Thanks
RS

Last edited by rocksinger; 08-05-2008 at 12:25 AM.
Old 08-04-2008
Registered!!

rednwhite04 will become famous soon enough

http://www.aempower.com/ViewProduct.aspx?ProductID=1125

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-....c0.m245.l1318
Old 02-25-2009
Registered!!

DWManiac is an unknown quantity at this point

****ATTENTION TWEEKERS***

** Okay I've never "Tampered" with a Honda intake system only my 3000GT but when I change out the air box for a cold air system what happens to all the electrical connections? On the 3000GT they still hooked up and that was a K&N System.
I am looking at the K&N for my new ride (08' EX-L) will it be the same or will I be tying up a bunch of connectors and that won't screw up my fuel computer?

Thx..... ;-)
Old 02-25-2009
Registered!!

DWManiac is an unknown quantity at this point

This is what I'm looking at. big difference from a $300+ tube with a curve and filter on the end... I think it's time to buy a tube bender and start selling this crap out of the garage!! I understand how you get more with a tube stuck down in the airstream and perhaps where this box is located there isn't much cold flow. Uhhhm Hmmm I hate to alter to much with the warranty factor. Kinda like the polaris Jetski. My dealer new I cut the airbox and for a 63MPH reason! I smoked many jetski's in the day but this is different.

Here *

http://www.am-autoparts.com/AM/Air-F...ogle_base_feed