8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Civic Hybrid wheel replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hondahybrid is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Civic Hybrid wheel replacement

Hi everyone,

I just bought a 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid, and I'm looking to swap out the wheels and tires for something a little more sporty. However, I don't know if there is anything special that I should consider, given the Hybrid's special braking / power system. Does anyone have any expertise on this subject? Is it ok for me to swap out the wheels? Any recommendations?

Thanks!!!
Old 02-29-2008
Registered!!

plastics is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Civic Hybrid wheel replacement

Any of the wheels/tire combination that fits a regular Civic with fit the Hybrid.
As a matter of fact, Honda has the hybrid alumium wheels as on option on the base DX-G model. So you should be good.

Plastics
07 Civic EX black
Old 03-02-2008
Registered!!

Ti71 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a hybrid and have aftermarket wheels on them, they are wider than stock and handles much better, albeit it loss a little mpg.
Old 03-02-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

stick with lightweight forged wheels the same size as stock.
Old 06-18-2010
Registered!!

sthai95123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Civic Hybrid wheel replacement

Originally Posted by hondahybrid
Hi everyone,

I just bought a 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid, and I'm looking to swap out the wheels and tires for something a little more sporty. However, I don't know if there is anything special that I should consider, given the Hybrid's special braking / power system. Does anyone have any expertise on this subject? Is it ok for me to swap out the wheels? Any recommendations?

Thanks!!!
i just put some 16" wheels on my 07 Civic Hybrid , looks much better here is the links for pics :

http://s669.photobucket.com/albums/v...rket%20wheels/

THe stock wheels are 15lbs , try to stick with light wheels . The 16inch wheel i bought were 15.8 lbs but do to there style they are not air resistance . So I'm losing about 2mpg which is not bad price to pay for looks LOLz...
I figure $1.50 per 2 weeks $3x12month = $36 per year . I can spare some change . It handles much better since it has 195 wider tires . I'm happy I got them . Don't buy cheap wheels that weight 28 pounds you will lose alot of MPG . I think less than 3lbs is ok to go over and you will not lose alot of mpg.
Also you need to remove TPMS tire pressure monitor system and install on aftermarket wheels or you will get the tire sensor on. If not then you can get another set of TPMS on ebay for $100 and buy the tool called TPMS reset tool also sold on ebay for $147 . The dealer charge $108 to have the new TPMS program , what a rip off !!Or you can drive like that if it doesn't bother you , no damage on the car if driving with TPMS lights on , only if in an accident and they look at your computer box which reads TPMS . So there you have it .. I was doing research for weeks for all these cause I couldn't stand looking at the pancake wheels . Now riding on deep dish pan pizza wheels . LOLz have fun!!
Old 06-19-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah surprisingly honda put some fairly heavy rims on the newer hybrids. their older hx and vx models had 11 lbs rim or less i cant remember. but much lighter than any hybrid. the main thing with hybrids and gas mileage are their low-rolling resistance tires (which usually handle like crap to give the better mileage). alot of guys have lost upto 10mpg just switching to hi performance tires.