Rear Control arms, rear tire wear early models the early models had an issue with the rear control arms (upper) and have a tendency of rapid rear tire wear

unusual OEM tire wear

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aesop is an unknown quantity at this point
unusual OEM tire wear

I have a civic 07 lx with 23000 KM and have a very unusual OEM tire wear problem. Tires were rotated approx every 6000 KM. 1 tire is completely worn out, 2nd and 3rd tire are 75% worn and 4th tire is 25% worn. WTF is going on? Does the civic have an unusual weight distribution to cause this kind of tire wear? Just put on new winters today and would like to resolve the tire wear issue before the winters are destroyed.
Old 12-23-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: unusual OEM tire wear

well i have one tire worn almost bald and the other 3 still pretty good, but thats cause i had a blown shock and drove on it thinking nothing would happen. maybe you should check the alignment.
Old 12-27-2007
Registered!!

aesop is an unknown quantity at this point

Took it to the dealer today. Was asked to bring the vehicle back on the 7th when they have a full staff. Dealer could not give an explanation why the unusal tire wear. Coast tire who put my winters on found the wear unusal too and asked if I bought a wrecked civic that was "fixed up".
Old 01-14-2009
Registered!!

DC2007CivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point

I experienced this same thing. Dealer did a little searching and found a "known" issue with rear upper control arms. Boss and I both have 2007 EX's. Dealer prorated his tires for him because he had less than 20k miles. I got hosed because I was beyond that.
Old 01-14-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

well they still need to fix the problem tho.
Old 01-18-2009
Registered!!

GMCivic08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like a pretty bad alignment issue. Do you drive in a pot hole-infested city? NY, Detroit, etc?

Could also be the drive. A friend of mine who drives a 2000 Saturn has really wacky wear. His daily commute entails a hard sweeping righthand merge from highway to highway and another onto a secondary road. On the way home, he has two gentle right-handers... In other words all rights. Because of this his FL is completely bald on the outside, rears are in some state of unhappiness, and his FR is pristine. Kinda crazy situation for him.