8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

06 EX stock radio unit & headlights

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007
CMV
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CMV is an unknown quantity at this point
06 EX stock radio unit & headlights

Hi all. New here & new to Civics - well, sorta. The 1st car i ever bought was a 79 civic but that was 20 yrs ago. Seems a little has changed since then

Over the past week I traded/sold the gas guzzling explorer & expedition & replaced them with an 08 civic LX 4-door (hers) & an 06 EX 2-door (mine).

I bought the 06 used (obviously) & it has an issue with the CD player. It won't take a disc & if I try to put one in, it only goes in about an inch, & the unit spins sounding like it's trying to eject. If I hit the eject button, it will cycle like it's trying to kick out a disc. There doesn't appear to be a disc in it, but it could have one stuck inside I guess.

So I think I need to replace the head unit. Other than the dealer or eBay, where can i find one? I don't want an aftermarket - stock unit is fine for me. I figure there are lots of people here swapping their stock unit out & need to get rid of them. Anybody have one for sale cheap?

Another thought was to replace it with a stock NAVI unit - I see them on eBay with the surrounding dash piece & sat antenna for $800ish sometimes. Would that be a simple remove & replace or would I need to do a whole lot of other work to make it functional?

Something we both noticed & don't like is that sitting so much lower, the headlights don't seem nearly as effective as what we're used to on the SUVs. I work nights in a semi-rural area with lots of deer & other critters along the road frequently. Civic hi-beams seem to illuminate about 80% as far/as well as Expedition low-beams. Any recommendations for replacement bulbs and/or driving lights to help with this?
Old 11-29-2007
Registered!!

plastics is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 06 EX stock radio unit & headlights

On the headlights, I agree with you that they are kind of dim.

A quick fix is to replace them with Syvania Silverstar or GE Nighthawk halogen bulb. They are noticable brighter than the stock units.
However, they only last 1/2 as long.

good luck

Plastics
07 Civic EX black
Old 12-08-2007
Registered!!

gold06ex is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 06 EX stock radio unit & headlights

I've got the same problem with the CD player in my 06 EX. Anyone know how to get this unit out? I don't see many screws holding the dash together.