8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

self locking doors

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Resobek is an unknown quantity at this point
self locking doors

hi, folks

question for you all....
my '07 sedan has those elec. locks that self lock after exceeding a certain speed. So far, so good.
The problem is that when the car is parked and locked and i unlock the doors using the key fob the doors re-lock soon after if i don't immediately open the door. This drive me crazy!!
I went back to the dealer to have this feature either altered or dismantled so the doors remain unlocked when i want them unlocked ( I HATE having a car think for me) but was told it was impossible.

Any ideas out there? Anyone have experience in changing this annoying feature (are you listening Honda?)

thnx
Old 11-09-2007
Registered!!

Jutty is on a distinguished road
Re: self locking doors

I like that feature...in case i accidentally press unlock while in the house (keep my keys in back pocket on caribbeaner...it has happened before but with the panic button) it will lock back up if no one enters...it takes a minute or so to engage so its not immediate...
Old 11-10-2007
Registered!!

Luey is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you are just SOL. The locks can be programmed (see the owners manual) in a number of ways (unlock drivers on park, unlock all on park, for eg)., but the accidental unlock feature cannot be altered or disabled. There going to lock on you after 20sec. unless you open a door.
Old 11-10-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i found a wire on my 2002 civic (yellow) under the dash and when i cut it, the auto lock feature was completely disabled. i got really mad when the stupid car locked me out once cause the driver lock safety failed and it locked the door even tho it was open. so when i closed it, i couldnt get back in. only side effect is the dome light stays on 30 secs until the timeout shuts it off after opening a door or unlocking the doors, which isnt a big deal.
Old 11-10-2007
Registered!!

gn3ric is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Resobek
hi, folks

question for you all....
my '07 sedan has those elec. locks that self lock after exceeding a certain speed. So far, so good.
The problem is that when the car is parked and locked and i unlock the doors using the key fob the doors re-lock soon after if i don't immediately open the door. This drive me crazy!!
I went back to the dealer to have this feature either altered or dismantled so the doors remain unlocked when i want them unlocked ( I HATE having a car think for me) but was told it was impossible.

Any ideas out there? Anyone have experience in changing this annoying feature (are you listening Honda?)

thnx
hey man i feel you dude. it drives me nuts too but the thing that drives me even more nuts is that i have to UNLOCK the car for everyone if there's passenger. when you turn off the engine it only unlocks the driver not the rest. :/ does urs do that too? :/
Old 11-10-2007
Registered!!

Luey is an unknown quantity at this point

Check your owners manual - you can program it to unlock drivers, or unlock all doors when going into park. Set it the way you'd like.
Old 11-11-2007
Registered!!

Jutty is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Luey
Check your owners manual - you can program it to unlock drivers, or unlock all doors when going into park. Set it the way you'd like.
i totally forgot i had to do that...i did it i think the second of third day i had it...
Old 12-06-2007
Registered!!

stlblues13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure how long you have had the car but you do get used to it. My 02 EX used to do that and it was a major annoyance at first but I got used to it quickly and had really kind of forgotten about it until reading this thread which I actually thought was related to the doors locking at a certain speed that I noticed when driving my new Si home last night.
Old 12-09-2007
Registered!!

freed0m5 is an unknown quantity at this point

i turned off the autolocking doors. the only reason i can see to lock the doors while you are in a MOVING vehicle, is if you have children or you are going through a bad part of town, and you have to stop at a red light and you don't want to get car jacked. but the odds of this happening are slim to none, and i don't live in a bad part of town. i do however, like the auto unlock, so that way when i get out of the car, if for whatever reason the doors are locked, they will be unlocked when i turn the engine off.
Old 12-24-2007
Registered!!

07exNavi is an unknown quantity at this point

You might want to consider turning the autolocks back on, Ive hear it said that your doors can open in a crash if unlocked causeing more damage to the passengers. If they are locked this is less likely. I think that is the primary reason for the auto locking doors.