8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Interior Chime Sound

Old 09-15-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rbnaslt is an unknown quantity at this point
Interior Chime Sound

I'd like to reduce the Interior Chime Sound in my 07' Si Sedan. I find the noise annoying and loud. Is there any way to lower the sound or turn it off without any negative effect to anything else?
Old 09-15-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Interior Chime Sound

someday you will thank the chimes for saving your battery if you forget lights on. i never thought i would forget, but i almost did a couple times. but to answer your question, its built into the gauge cluster. you can disable it by unplugging the door sensor (so car wont think driver door is open). only problem is your dome light wont shut off right away when you close the door, and you have to wait around 30 secs for the timeout to shut it off. also if you have auto door locks, you could get locked out if you have the door open and start the car, then close the door.
Old 09-15-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

My friends vw has it in the relay box under the wheel and you can just take the relay looking speaker out. But you could open up the cluster and locate the electronic speaker and tape a cotton ball over it. Wouldnt eliminate the sound, but would reduce it.
Old 09-15-2007
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

id follow triz's advice, dont disable, i did that when i had my jeep, and killed my battery several times, i eneded up just dealing with the noise, either deal or follow what triz said
Old 09-15-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rbnaslt is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea, I'd like to just reduce the sound where it is not so loud. Muffling the speaker sounds good.