8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

8thgen LED 3rd brake pics, fits 7thgens!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
8thgen LED 3rd brake pics, fits 7thgens!!

Update: its a PERFECT fit on my 02 7thgen sedan! now the mounting holes did not line up so i cut off the lil bracket pieces with the holes, and im gonna silicone the top part where the two pieces meet and let dry overnight. but the assembly fits right in the same exact spot and will stay in place while you glue or silicone it. it doesnt snap into place, but it sits in the correct spot so you dont have to hold it.

its just a tiny bit off center with the leds, but its still good enough and still will give off nice blinding light

Okay i just received this piece from the dealer for around $68. i still need to see how to fit it in my 7thgen, but the test pics have really blown me away. On the rear housing, it says 13.5V max input. so i hooked these to a 12.6V test battery. I will be using a 12v regulator on them for sure to make them last longer. Usually car puts out 14.4v so that wouldnt work using it without one.

Now onto the pics. Get your sunglasses out, its about to get bright in here.

Here is what the whole piece looks like. This is only available on the 8thgen EX coupes. However, I do believe they make the same thing with a clear lens for the 8thgen SI coupe.

now i opened up the lens piece and looked inside. It will just unclip from the housing. Only six leds?? lol. They seem to be some kind of large red-orange superflux led. The weird thing is they dont look like the normal smaller ones, and there is nothing on the back board, just the leds.

now i hooked them to the battery at 12.6v underpowered. they look pretty bright! about the same as my 14 smaller red superflux i have now. this is still with lens removed

and this is a wall shot showing the light spread with lens off.

now lets replace the red lens and see what happens. cover your eyes!

and as you can see from the wall shot, the lenses focus all the light into a single bright spot. is this thing legal?

here is one more far shot to finish off your retinas

Ill post up some progress pics when i get a chance to take the rear deck off and install it. its bigger than the 7thgen piece so hopefully it can be crammed in.

Last edited by gearbox; 08-20-2007 at 11:34 PM.
Old 08-20-2007
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 8thgen LED brake lamp assembly PICS!!!!!

are you sure there's nothing behind the LED's? it looks as though there's some green PCB back there and the silver the LED's are mounted to is just a heatsink. it appears that they're hooked in 3 banks of 2 in series-parallel. if that's the case, i'd be very surprized if there's not some type of resistors or regulators already back there. there's no way they'd design this thing to not be ran off standard car voltage. aftermarket ebay stuff, yeah maybe. but not OEM Honda parts. an 8th gen wiring diagram would help. if the power for that comes straight off a relay or something, then you'd be fine putting it on regular power without the regulator. maybe someone with an 8th gen can put a multimeter on their battery with the car running to verify they have the same voltage as us 7th gen'ers.

either way, sweet pics. i'd rep you if the system would allow it.

Last edited by electric130; 08-20-2007 at 10:11 PM.
Old 08-20-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 8thgen LED brake lamp assembly PICS!!!!!

yea well it says 13.5v on the back, i dont know if the 8thgen is different, but i "think" my third brake wire was less voltage than the regular brakes, like 11.5 instead of 12+ at battery power. i may measure that again with car on and make sure. make its around 13.5 who knows. but, im also worried about the brightness. i mean seriously it is stupid bright at 12.6v like you cant stand looking more than a second lol. i guess its not me getting blinded so i could just throw it in and hope for the best, but idk i also dont want it to outshine the tails! and the board is empty, you can see through the top cracks and from the back too where there are vents, its just a plain board with the leds soldered to it. weird.

found out from someone who knows alot about leds that these are the lumileds SNAP-leds that arent found on alot of apps, its mostly superflux used on oem cars.

Last edited by gearbox; 08-21-2007 at 01:27 AM.