Rear Control arms, rear tire wear early models the early models had an issue with the rear control arms (upper) and have a tendency of rapid rear tire wear

Very weird tire wear.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
grantb7machz is an unknown quantity at this point
Very weird tire wear.

Hey, new to the Forum. My girlfriend has a 2006 4 door civic with Aluminum 16" stock rims (DX I think). The car has 30,000km (about 19,000 miles) on it and the tires are completely worn out. One of the tires on the back has a very weird wave in it. but all the other tires are completely bald. The tires were rotated, correct psi and wheel alingments. What is going on? No one should have to put new tires on every 15-20k miles. (Bridgestone Turanza EL 400)

She was talking to a couple other people who were having the same problem. One guy even got a new car out of it.

Is there something wrong with the 2006 civics that honda is not telling us. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 08-22-2007
Registered!!

shortbox is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Very weird tire wear.

I too am having trouble with my tires. I have a 07 with bridgestone turenza tires. The 2 front ones where bald at 20 thousand kilometers, which were replaced at honda but I had to pay half, and now at 32 thousand the other two are shot. The service manager said it is partly the cars fault and partly the tires but he won't do anything about these last two.If it is the cars fault it will be for sale. I will not be putting new tires on every 25000 km!
Old 08-26-2007
An elephant.... with stamps for hands.

thatsmrgimp2u is an unknown quantity at this point

The tires they come with are crap usually, i have the summer tires on my si (Michelin Pilot Exalto), im at 10k and need a new pair. If they make these in your size, id buy these Im going to in fact =)
Old 08-28-2007
The only Wyoming Redneck on here

2002civicLX2002 will become famous soon enough2002civicLX2002 will become famous soon enough

the turanza is a crap tire in my opinion. i worked at a tire shop for a year and a half and have seen nothing but bad news out of that tire. the odd tire wear your seeing is probably from bad struts in the rear. or seperation of the tire. have honda check into the struts, and put different tires on and you shouldnt ahve any more problems.
Old 08-28-2007
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute

any of these look like the wear she's getting?
Old 11-04-2007
Registered!!

lahealth is an unknown quantity at this point

The tires are not the problem......the problem are the rear jacks ..checck them look for signs of oil leaking very easy to do .any tire shop will do it fro you.
Cal HONDA corporate offices ask for a supervisor.complaint about it ,they should replace the jacks and the tires for free.

Old 05-18-2008
Registered!!

alexb is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just been told that the two real tires on my Civic 2006 EX (Bridgestone Turanza) both have to be replaced. They have 20 000 km on them, since I use snow tires in the winter. I was told that the radial belt had shifted in the tires when they installed them for the summer. I

'm reading these other posts and wondering what the heck is going on. Is this a tire problem or a Civic design problem. The dealership told me I'd have to pay the whole replacement cost but we are currently ... how shall I say it ... negotiating. Any information would be welcome.

Thanks,
AB
Old 05-18-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i believe there is a recall, lets see if the local honda dealer expert will chime in. my stock tires only lasted 20k miles on my 02 civic, but they were just suck tires. i think the 8thgens have an actual problem.
Old 07-12-2008
Registered!!

franklingc is an unknown quantity at this point

It looks like we have a problem with crapy tires.

The positive thing is that we have the perfect excuse to put some nice rims and good tires in our DX, LX, EX!!
Old 01-14-2009
Registered!!

DC2007CivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point

There is definitely some issue. My boss' dealer prorated his tires AND replaced his rear upper control arms. I have many more miles on my car and already ditched those crappy Turanza tires. After my first tire rotation on the new tires I noticed massive new road noise. It was due to poor wear because of the rear upper control arms. My dealer searched for some issue and found something and also replaced mine as well.