8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

rattles and thumping sounds in your 8th gen?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vtak07 is an unknown quantity at this point
rattles and thumping sounds in your 8th gen?

I just got an 07 Si Coupe about a month ago. So far there is this weird thump i hear in the trunk when i turn (nothings in the trunk or in the backseat), the side panel behind the drivers seat rattles, and the passenger seat was rattling the other day. I'm just wondering if anyone else is having similar problems like this. It really sucks to have a brand new car and have annoying little problems with it already. Just lemme know what you guys did or how you solved it or if you even had these problems. Thanks alot
Old 07-26-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hyperion is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: rattles and thumping sounds in your 8th gen?

Here is what i have learned in the last year as far as noises that dont get much mention.,,,creak in real pillar caused by plastic clip holding on panel behind seat belt anchor. These clips moving in and out of thier holes are a comon problem on all panels. Things to check for rear clunk or thump,, moon roof drain tube banging in side of pillar above rear seat. headliner loose, spare tire loose, side impact foam inside rear pannel beside rear seat (mostly a prob on right side) ,, rear seat lower pad not secure in its clips,, trunk not adjusted properly. There have also been alot of complaints of rear deck creak,again check to make sure its mounted in all its clips. In my case it was the third brake light. The lens is hard plastic and the slightest movement caused it to creak against its shroud. good luck..
Old 10-08-2011
Registered!!

Reabralop is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought my 2008 Civic with 32K miles on it and there's a vibration in the wiper stalk. When I touch, even slightly, the intermittent adjustment ring it stops so it clearly comes from that. I tried wedging paper in there, tightly. No luck. It's just funny that a slight touch stops it but brute force doesn't.

There's also a rattle coming from the passenger side by the small window ahead of the door (4-door). This one seems to be internal, deep in the dash. Can't pin point that one.

It was my mistake not to have those looked at while it was still under warranty, but I just got it and it hadn't annoyed me long enough to mean anything. Now it does.

This week a new rattle is coming from the driver's side dash/door corner area. It really bothers me that I have this many rattles on a car that 1. Isn't supposed to do this. 2. Only has 56K miles on it. I've had other, lesser quality cars that didn't rattle this much even at twice the mileage.

Is Honda just riding on their name now?
Old 10-08-2011
Registered!!

random will become famous soon enoughrandom will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Reabralop
1. Isn't supposed to do this. 2. Only has 56K miles on it. I've had other, lesser quality cars that didn't rattle this much even at twice the mileage.
Why wouldn't a car have some rattles? It's assembled using tens of thousands of parts, where many parts came from many different manufacturers. Intrinsically, given all these variables, a car is already ready to rattle from the moment it's assembled. I am usually quite pleasantly surprised to sit in a car without rattles of some sort. The remedy, of course, is to either turn up your radio, open your windows, or start singing/talking.