8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

bald spot on rear tire?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lazyazz_azn is an unknown quantity at this point
bald spot on rear tire?

watsup everyone, i have a problem, i have an 06 civic ex coupe, it has 25,000 miles on it. my question is that i have bald spot on my rear tires, and when i bought it in the dealer they told me that i didnt rotate my tires, i been driving for the longest time now and i never had that happened to me be4? cuz the dealer told me that its not under the warrantee of honda, so do u think that the manufacture is goin to replace it? help!
Old 07-13-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
Re: bald spot on rear tire?

pics of aforementioned bald spot?? you mean one edge is worn down?? or there is a patch, the width of the tire, but not all the way around the circumference that is bald??
Old 07-13-2007
Registered!!

it's has patches of flat spots
Old 07-13-2007
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Timmy's been slamming on the brakes again.
Old 07-13-2007

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

well, it shouldn't have much, if anything to do with tire rotation. i'd call the tire manufacturer and see if they'll warranty them. sounds like some kinda defect, unless you make a habit of yanking on the ebrake to "drift".
Old 07-13-2007
Registered!!

thats what the dealer asked me too...i don't i babied my car. but do u think that the manufacture will replace them
Old 07-13-2007

there's a good possibility that they'll be warrantied. however, most tire warranties are pro-rated. if they're 30000m tires, you'll get like 17% of the retail cost back. if they're 50000m tires, you'll get 50%. and if they're performance tires, without a mileage warranty, well, then you're screwed.
Old 07-15-2007
Registered!!

where do i take it to....can i take it to Sears, or do i have to take it to a tire place
Old 07-15-2007

i'd call/email the manufacturer of the tires, to start.
Old 07-17-2007
Registered!!

i just got off the phone with the tire dealer earlier today and they told me that the tires don't have miles warrentee on em cuz i bought the car new....wtf! thats a bunch of bulls! the only way that i can get warrantee on tires if i ( myself) bought em! i have an 2006 galaxy grey coupe with only 26,450 on it and i have to replace em already! hey guys i need help, anyone here have the same problem with there tires like me, and what did they do for u. i am probably go buy new one so that i can have warrantee on it. what do u think?
Old 07-17-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

did u keep them balanced/rotated/aligned?? Cause if so, then call the place where u got it done (they have u on record) so then u can give the stealership proof that u kept them b/r/a.

Also so i got this right, you bought the car from the stealership when it was brand new? then at the 25k mark u started noticing the spots? You babied the car?

Also what tires are they?
Old 07-17-2007
Registered!!

yeah i keep it b/a/r every 3k mile and yes i babied it....it high mileage cuz i live in toledo and go to cleveland to see my kids....i went to the dealer and told me that its not under honda tire warrantee but i maybe under the manufacture warrantee, they told me that it could be manufacture defect, but when i called them up they told me that there isn't mileage warrantee cuz it new i have an 2006 civic coupe ex bridgestone turanza el400
Old 07-17-2007

call american honda customer service at 800.999.1009. you'd be amazed how much free stuff you can get just by bitching at them for 30 minutes or so.
Old 07-17-2007
Registered!!

thank for the info......does anyone has the bridgestone turanza el400 on the 06 civic....i read the rating on em and everyone hated it....to me it too noisy and stiff what do u guys think?
Old 07-17-2007
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

if u have bald spost on the tires in just certain spots then its probable that u have not rotated the tires enough, or that ur rear shocks are blown already, ur not dropped are u?? if so, it could be that its too stiff and u need to rotate more, i work with tires on a daily basis, and 99% of the time its because of lack of rotation, and there wont be a warranty on the tires, most manufacturers wont warranty problems such as this, where i work wont, it voids the warranty
Old 07-18-2007
Registered!!

cooper tires told me that my car doesn't have enough downforce on the rear so when i hit a bump it goes up but when it comes down he told me that when it comes down it glides cuz of not enough weight?

so anybody haven problem with those tires?
Old 07-18-2007

Old 07-21-2007
Registered!!

TACMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm having a problem with my 06 Honda Ex as well. Tires rotated each time the car's maint. computer requested it. Bad shake in the steering wheel at higher speeds. I found this link.

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/dir...ew/.f0e3ded/57
Old 07-21-2007
Registered!!

then i don't get it then i did everything i was suppose to do and so it doesn't have to do with the weight? pls explain