8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Just got a 07 civic si, what kind of mod's should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vtak07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just got a 07 civic si, what kind of mod's should I get?

I just got my new civic si last week. I don't really know much about modifications or anything and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?
Old 07-06-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
firmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nice
Re: Just got a 07 civic si, what kind of mod's should I get?

ajp stage 2.

/thread

anyways, what color did you get? I can pull up a link to a diy for custom door panels that look pretty good, as well as a few other things if you'd like.
Old 07-06-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vtak07 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a ralley red coupe. Thanks
Old 07-06-2007
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Lotsa naws with vtak y0!
Old 07-10-2007
Registered!!

BTRobertson is an unknown quantity at this point

Vtak07, I just bought a Nighthawk Black Pearl 2007 Si Sedan and was wondering about mods myself. I found the following list:

Greddy turbo kit (2006 currently, but 2007 model is coming) - "safe" 55 hp gain
AJP turbo kit - insane; 376 hp at the wheels (whp)!

If the turbo is too much for you (like it is for me right now, plus I don't have the know-how to install it), here is a list of others:

Injen Short Ram Induction kit - $218 - high-flow air induction kit; adds about 9 hp
Injen Cat-Back Exhaust - $499-$599 (depending on kit) - adds about 7 hp

There are a slew of exterior and interior accessories. I'm getting the windows tinted, added a full nose mask (looks awesome on the Black Pearl color), added wheel locks so fools don't steal them, etc.

I guess it's all up to what you want to spend and how much you want to void the warranty.
Old 07-10-2007
Registered!!

firmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nice

Here's a link to a cheap little mod that would look great since you got an RR fg2.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27975

Also, what BTRobertson said above me is true. The greddy turbo kit is a safe bet, but I just personally don't think it's worth the money for 55 whp. The ajp kit is absolutely insane.. My best friend has an AJP stage 2 fg2 and in his words it's the fastest car he's ever owned. That's saying something pretty nice since his last three cars were 03 wrx, 04 STi, and 05 esx/sti.
pic I took of his car:

The catch is this.. DO NOT try installing the AJP kit by yourself. A lot of people have tried to and have ended up just messing things up because it's such a fickle kit. If you considering picking up the kit I would suggest contacting alljapperformance and talking to them about who they would recommend install it in your area. There are some things involved with the installation of that kit that you indefinitely need to be able to get under the car and have a decent amount of room to move around. I'm sure if you just go pop your hood and take a look you'll see what I'm talking about.. it's a rear mounted turbo, BOV is in the front left right behind the bumper, and the i/c sits so tight that it's amazing that it fits without modifying the bumper. The wastegate/dumptube fits so snug that it's crazy.. The damn thing has a 70 trim turbo.. freakin huge for a civic.

As for intake, exhaust, headers, etc. there is so much aftermarket support it's unbelievable. I would check out http://www.corsportusa.com/ since a whole lot of people have had good experiences with them. Matter of fact, I have yet to hear about a single person having a bad experience with them.

You also may want to consider getting the hondata reflash once you've got the magical 3 (I/RH/E). I will lower your vtec point and yield you better results from your mods.

If you have any questions about specific mods (like brands, CAI vs. SRI, etc.) I would check out http://www.8thcivic.com . There are a lot of helpful members there that know a lot about your car, not to mention someone on that site has already bought what you're looking at, no matter what it is.

My name is firmhonda over there too..

Last edited by firmhonda; 07-10-2007 at 06:26 PM.
Old 07-28-2007
Registered!!

SanJoJoe is an unknown quantity at this point

firmhonda, what kind of body kit is that? It looks sweet. I am getting my Si in September.
Old 07-29-2007
Registered!!

Disguised29 is an unknown quantity at this point

ok too be perfectly honest i wouldn't do to much to it until you get some more miles but i just got a new civic si also black coupe and im gonna do cold air (injen) exhaust and headers for now if your looking to turbo dont bother with cold air because its pointless supercharger ya get one but thats my take on it

SanJoJoe for body kits do the one that Honda makes it fits good and looks badass thats the one i got but i only got the front and side skirts not a big fan of the back one too spacy

Last edited by Disguised29; 07-29-2007 at 04:20 AM.
Old 08-03-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by SanJoJoe
firmhonda, what kind of body kit is that? It looks sweet. I am getting my Si in September.
That's the hfp lip kit. You can look around and see how cheap you can find it.. Just 2 off of the top of my head

www.collegehillshonda.com
www.handaaccessories.com
www.hondapartsdeals.com

Okay, so that was 3. He's also dropped on nuespeeds(sp) and has jdm rays daytona 707's RMC dipped. Looks nice mang, looks nice.
Old 08-29-2007
Registered!!

MarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura about

i found an AEM CAI and a couple pther fun things at procivic.com
Old 09-01-2007
Registered!!

EMK20a2 will become famous soon enoughEMK20a2 will become famous soon enough

I personally prefer to keep the Ks NA, for power my preference would be a race header, exhuast, CAI, Kpro, and a good tune.. All of this will cost you around $2,500 and will gain you about 30 NA whp, and if you really want to go further you could pick up some IPS or Skunk 2 cams, adding another 25whp. In addtion to power mods I would throw on a PIC suspension (in design and should be out this year), front strut bar, front and rear camber kits, and roll center adjusters.