8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

07 civic lx noise from reverse to drive

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shlee is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down 07 civic lx noise from reverse to drive

I recently purchased an 07 honda civic lx coupe automatic and I absolutely love it. However almost everytime I reserve my car and then put it in to drive and let off the brake and begin to straighten out the wheel I get a very loud cracking noise. At times the noise has even sounded like I have bottomed out according to other people who have heard it. Also go figure that ever time I take my car to the dealer they either cant hear the noise or when they do they cant find the problem. Any suggestions as to what the problem could be or does anyone else have this problem?
Old 07-04-2007
Registered!!

wincros is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 07 civic lx noise from reverse to drive

It sounds like the parking pawl, the thing that locks up the transmission when in park. My mom's old Accord had a noisy one, but it was caused because she did not drive much. It happened the same way. Start the car, back out of your parking area, shift to drive and you get a BIG loud clunk. In your new car it is a transmission defect and the dealer should fix it.
Old 07-05-2007
Registered!!

But the dealership cant figure out what the problem is to fix it.
Old 07-13-2007
Registered!!

ElectroScantch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shlee
But the dealership cant figure out what the problem is to fix it.

Then get a new car. Seriously, if you have a problem with your car that isn't charactersitic of a normal running car and they can't find the problem then they should replace it. God knows that I would be there every day until the police hauled me away if my new car was making odd transmission noises and they said " we don't know what it is, come again."
Old 07-13-2007
Registered!!

well they have actually since ive posted this that the noise isnt just happening on my car they have another civic just like mine that has the same noise but since my car is so new they dont have a fix for it yet. its not dangerous its just annoying everything else with my car runs absolutely perfectly.
Old 07-14-2007
Registered!!

lowerd is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Shlee, I'll ask around I have alot of friends who have dealt with Honda's for years. I picked up my White LX Coupe a month ago and already have 5500kms on it, but mine is an 5-speed standard and yes I LOVE IT!! My car b4 was(and still have it) a 2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL that I'm selling to my son for $8g's. He wishes he had the Civic but O well he can't have everything! I'll let you know on the noise when I hear back.
Old 07-17-2007
Registered!!

lowerd is an unknown quantity at this point

Well Shlee I've asked some very knowledgable mechanics and then mostly say it's a cv or inside the trans., they all ask that you have warranty and make sure it is well noted when warranty is up and it finally goes. That's all I have for now sorry.
Old 07-26-2007
MWE
Registered!!

MWE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shlee
I recently purchased an 07 honda civic lx coupe automatic and I absolutely love it. However almost everytime I reserve my car and then put it in to drive and let off the brake and begin to straighten out the wheel I get a very loud cracking noise. At times the noise has even sounded like I have bottomed out according to other people who have heard it. Also go figure that ever time I take my car to the dealer they either cant hear the noise or when they do they cant find the problem. Any suggestions as to what the problem could be or does anyone else have this problem?
my wife's '07 LX has the same "clunk" when shifting from reverse to drive or vice versa. The problem is recent. She purchased the car in Oct'06; the car only has 4,500 miles on it; the problem started about a month ago. I am not very familiar with Hondas, but it sounded to me like a loose or worn motor mount. The car was at the dealers today for its first maintenance and they diagnosed it as a known phenomena (would not admit that it was a problem) due to the "soft" motor mounts used in this vehicle. The service rep stated that they have had several cars with a similar concern (all were about a year old); had talked with Honda USA and that Honda did not consider this to be a problem. I disagree; it is a problem and I suspect that there will be some sort of recall to fix this problem. I am going to jack the car up tomorrow and poke around.